iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Echo 590 Brake

Started by luvmexfood, July 11, 2015, 11:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

My 590 to a hard lick this morning. Don't even want to go into what happened. Bent bar. Brand new handle broke. Anyway saw runs and either the brake is stuck on or clutch is locked up. Think it is the brake. Anything going to jump out if I take it apart to check into it. Springs etc.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

dougand3

Pull brake handle back (if possible) before removing clutch cover. Most clutches have 2 springs - if damaged, you need new ones or a whole clutch. Clutch drum may be damaged, too. I doubt springs will fly out but stay behind clutch cover anyway.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

luvmexfood

Took the brake off. Saw runs fine with no visible wobble in the clutch. Here's what is happening. When installing the brake band it is real tight around the clutch housing. I'm at a loss. Wonder if the steel piece that all the brake, bar bolts etc. mount on could have gotten warped?

So far looking at a new bar, brake handle, front handle, possibly a new coil spring that works the brake and don't know what else. Can see a slight bend in the housing that the coil spring mounts in but it just holds the spring so shouldn't be a problem. Oh an an air filter buts that is not because of accident.

Guess I will have to take it to a shop. That's what happens when your mind is not 100% on what your doing as it should be when falling.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

dougand3

If the brake band is tight and not engaged....something is making it's effective diameter smaller. Some piece bent between brake band and handle - ie: brake connector or one of the springs. The shop will probably say you need a whole new clutch cover/brake assy. Maybe the handle is salvageable. Since it's non functioning now, might as well take brake assy apart and look. You can easily find an IPL: goggle Echo CS-590 IPL. See what part looks wrong.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Thank You Sponsors!