iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl M391 vs Stihl M261

Started by alabama, February 26, 2017, 10:15:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alabama

I purchased a Stihl M391 a year ago or so, and it has sat in the garage never touching wood. I just didn't get the time to use it. I also purchased a M261 and a M661 a couple weeks ago.

Is the Stihl M391 considered a professional Chainsaw or for home usage? I have a fellow down the road that wants to purchase the M391 from me but was thinking about keeping it instead. What are your opinions and what would you do? Sell or keep it?
John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends.

HolmenTree

MS391 is designed for the homeowner market but don't let that fool you. It's still a powerful robust saw.

Price I can't help you as our Canadian dollar and market is different.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

alabama

Believe it or not I started it up for the first time yesterday. Pulled a few times and started right up. I've got a fellow offering me $525. But, I'm thinking about keeping it. It is heavier than my M261. I think you can use the same bars on the 391 as the 661. I could be wrong but that's what I have heard.

HolmenTree

Yes the bars are interchangeable between those saws

$525 for your 391 sounds like a good offer. Would make a huge down payment on a new MS362.
With a 261, 362 and 661 you would have all the bases covered with a home run.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

khntr85

I would sell it at that price!!!!

The 261 willl do 90% of your cutting and the 661 Will easily donthe other 10%....

I just sold a 2012 mode 391 for $400...it was in good condition....it cut a lot like my ms362 it seemed to me....

alabama

Thanks fellas for all the help and suggestions. Off to eat dinner but I'll be back.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!