iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

understanding wife

Started by woodmills1, June 07, 2003, 06:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

or why does the house smell like pine.  so you know mrs wood kathy is so very nice here is a picture.

this is a  retail pine order and yes it is in the living room, like I said an understanding wife is so important.  And yes, my wife Mrs wood Kathy is the best.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

280 bd ft pine that I spent $.08 to buy and get delivered.  Sold for $.90 but spent 6.5 hours to prep for log truck. cut and stack, unstack and plane, then resize thickness on mill.  It is still raining here so I said hey Kath can I sticker this retail pine in the house?  Ok she says. $252 gross - $26 log cost = almost $39.50/hour, and the whole house smells christmasy piney.  An understanding wood wife. :D :D :D

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

EZ

That pretty COOL, Woodmills1.
EZ

Jeff

Yep, ya gotta have one of doze understanding wives. I got lumber in the dining room, slabs in the office, hollow logs and hickory limbs in the fromt closet and stumps in the living room. Oh, and the corner is stacked full ef of tongs and saws and adz's and other stuffs. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Brian_Bailey

U's guys r lucky!  Mines requires bribery.  Like this cherry doll case to make her more understanding  :D.

WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

Frickman

You guys are really lucky! Around here you can hardly keep lumber stacked around the mill. Seems that everytime you get a decent pile of lumber saved back one of the ladies volunteers you to use it in a project.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Mark M

I used to sharpen my chain saw on the kitchen table - doesn't everyone?

Mark

Furby

I see the "used to" in there. I take it you don't/can't anymore? ;D

CHARLIE

Brian_Baily, nice doll case!  Did you make that? That is some slim sticks of cherry to work with.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Brian_Bailey

Thanks Charlie,  Yes I make em. That one is a 28" high version, they're another value added product from my sawmill operation. It seems that at times I'm my biggest customer for the lumber I cut & dry. The plans for the display case are in the May/June 1996 issue of  "Woodworker's Journal" magazine.

It amazes me on how understanding my wife becomes when something like that is presented to her.  So much so that I continue to do it.  Pavlov's theory maybe?  ;D.
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

Jeff

Yep understanding. She understands well. This morning I am gutting the living room so I can clean the carpets. She understood exactly where to go to rent the carpet machine for me. ;D

Oh well, its probably mostly my dirt. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

BW_Williams

Mark, I used to park my motorcycle in the dinning room, but was single then, wouldn't fly these days!  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

AtLast

WADDA WOMAN!!!!!>..shes a keeper

CHARLIE

BW_Williams, I just don't understand why women don't allow motorcycles in the house.  Back in 1964, I helped a guy put together the engine of a 1957 Triumph T110 in his livingroom. They were newly weds and his wife was real sweet about it.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

BW_Williams

Charlie, I consider myself lucky with the one that put's up with me!  But we added a mudroom, removed the sliding glass door, so I couldn't get my bike in the dinning room anyway.   :D   BWW

Tom

BW I used to prep my TT scrambles/enduro race bike in the living room back in 1964.  Sometimes a friend would come over for company and there would be two bikes in the house. It kept us out of the weather and we had all the light we needed. :D

BW_Williams

Tom and Charlie, I don't suppose you all want to hear 1964 was the year I was born!  :D   I used to ride my XL500, before I got a sawmill  :(   BWW

CHARLIE

My first big bike was a 1959 BSA Super Rocket with 650cc. I got that bike in 1963. Then in 1965 I bought a brand spanking new 1965 BSA Lightning Rocket that was a 650cc with twin carbs for $1350.00.   I had that bike until 1972 when it was stolen.
Charlie

Mark M

Now that I live in the big city I have a decent garage and I don't cut enough wood for my saw to need sharpening very often. When we lived in Mn the kitchen was a nice warm place to work and I cut about 12 cords of firewood a year. I've had snowblowers, snowmobiles, and chainsaws in the kitchen, right next to the wood stove.

OneWithWood

I met my wife when my '75 Triumph T160 (triple) broke down on a run.  She had a truck, it was love at first sight 8)
When she moved in I was building a '78 Triumph Bonneville in the bedroom because a '69 BSA Lightning was occupying the living room.  A year later my neighbor happened upon a '66 Triumph TR6SR that was pretty much a rat.  She traded him a VCR for it and spent the winter rebuilding it herself.  I married her that spring ;D
P.S.  All the other bikes were eventually sold but we still have that '66. :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

CHARLIE

If I remember right, the TR6 was a 650cc single carb and in 1965 it had a gold painted tank. The T120 bonneville was a 650cc Twin Carb and had a blue and silver tank.  Does that sound about right?
Charlie

Patty

Brian,

The doll case is beautiful. You did a fine job. No wonder your wife likes a bribe now and then. ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

OneWithWood

Charlie,
Sounds fairly close to me.  The TR6 is a single carb 650 sporting a monoblec carb in the early 60s.  The '66 TR6SR came with an option of a Pacific Blue/White tank.  The bike was made for the California market.  I would love to know how it came to end up in an Indiana ditch.  It is now sitting on the bench waiting for me to find the time to fix an oil leak and tune it up.  My wife no longer rides so I will be putting around on it this fall.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Brian_Bailey

Thanks, Patty.  My wife keeps me pretty busy at times  :D,  she has a whole houseful of goodies that I have bribed ,I mean, made for her  ;D.

Bro. Noble

In 1964 I was at school in Ames Iowa.  My mode of transportation was one of those Italian motor schooter that Sears Robuck used to sell ( gave 75 bucks for it).  My neighbor said he had an old motorcycle across town that quit him and asked if I would tow it home with my motorschooter.  It wasn't too big so we got it back with no problem.  He thought it just needed the carb cleaned but didn't have time to fool with it.  At the end of the semester we were getting ready to go home.  He didn't have any way to move his motorcycle and asked if I wanted it.  I didn't have room in the back of my folks station wagon for it and my schooter so it was abandoned behind the apt. bldg.  Probably just as well cause those old Harleys with the foot clutch were dangerous. ::)

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Thank You Sponsors!