iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

castiron

Started by coxy, December 12, 2017, 08:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgk1

PM605, MS462CM, MS211

Chuck White

A little luck was on my side a few days ago!

I was in a 2nd-hand store and ran across some castiron stuff, and ended up taking home another castiron duch-oven!

This one is 12 inches, got 3 legs, and has a castiron lid also, the name cast in the lid is LODGE, with a raised frying pan making up the "O" in the name!

Out the door cost was $46.00!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WV Sawmiller

My wife grabbed one of her cast iron Dutch ovens today, added our fishy corn oil and fixed us some fresh WV catfish and bream. We had a fine lunch. Cast iron is hard to beat.

Final result in the making - she had about this much more still in the Dutch oven frying.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Paul_H

We cook a lot with cast iron and I have a bit of an addiction and have brought home more than we need but we have kids moving out so some gets passed on. The last few years we've grown grain corn and grind it and screen it for grits and corn meal for pancakes and corn bread. 
We make a lye solution from wood ash and soak the corn for a couple days and make masa harina for tortilla.

Usually the cornbread is cooked in a 8" cast iron frying pan but have been looking for a cornbread pan like this one that I bought yesterday at a flea market. It's a Wagner.

We are in the midst of a renovation and have bought a wood cookstove to replace the old wood stove. This one will heat our house and be used to cook in the winter months. It has a cast iron cook top and we have bought a larger cast iron griddle for bacon and pancakes.
The stove shown is not ours(still in crate) It is a flame view that loads from the side through a door with glass for viewing.

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

thecfarm

A nice looking stove. I have the same looking clean out tool for my cook stove.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

If you are going to fire it up to heat the house, you may as well cook on it. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

beats grannies old four eye.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Mike W

Quote from: thecfarm on March 27, 2019, 10:04:29 PMAll thread go to chainsaws.    

and here I thought all posts ended up in the "Grits" category at some point or another, good to see grits has some competition going on! ;D

Steve Crook

That stove will cook grits just fine

Thank You Sponsors!