iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

putting the HF sawmill to the test

Started by hunterbuild, February 15, 2012, 01:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunterbuild

I put on a 22"x14' on today and the saw will handle it fine. I'm still using the old blade with a tooth missing as I'm cutting with bark on. It is still cutting straight,but I'm sure the new blade will cut faster. I'm really happy with the saw so far. Seems to have enough power, and easy on gas. I'll put on the new blade when I start cutting 1" stuff. I start the store remodel Thursday .It will have pine inside and out.

Cutting Edge

Hunterblind, looks like that is about all that gal will swallow.  Sounds like you are pleased with your purchase, and thats all that matters.  I have been curious about how well they would do, and I guess you are showing us all how hard that mill will work.  Good Luck on your remodeling!
"Winning an argument isn't everything, as long as you are heard and understood" - W.S.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
- Sharpening Services
- Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
- On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair Services

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades
Ph- (304) 878-3343

bandmiller2

Hunter,glad you mill is working out for you I've wondered about those mills.Never underestimate the value of a sharp well set band.What are you planning to do about sharpening??What legnth and width are your bands.?It pays to use a wire brush and axe to clean logs before milling. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

Congrats with the new sawmill.  Looks like your next opportunity is getting rid of slabs.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

hunterbuild

I have two tests blades from cooks to try,if I like them I will order from them and send back for sharping. It uses 12'x1/14 blades. Slabs will be cut for fire wood. I heat with wood and have many wood burning friends. :D

thecfarm

Good luck on the store remodel. Just take your time and that mill will be fine.That old truck in the back run?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

hunterbuild

That's big green. It is a 66 Chev 2 1/2 ton,with a 14' bed and a great host. I have had it for 10+years. It will haul 6 1/2 ton. I paid $2400 for it and it doesn't owe me a thing.

Thank You Sponsors!