iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sorry people on this earth

Started by Texas Ranger, October 08, 2009, 12:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

I am on the trustee's of our local Methodist Church, on Tuesdays and Thursdays we have  charity assistance for folks down on their luck.  Tuesday a gentleman (sic) came by and received a gas voucher to keep on traveling, he left the church office and ransacked several rooms in the church, but only received a few dollars. 

We have it all on tape.  We have his name and vehicle description as well as a statement from the filling station guy that he was there.  We have not caught him.

I know you folks cannot help, but sometimes it helps to purge some of the sourness caused by the human race.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

All of our churches got together with the police dept.  The police dept. is in charge of actually dispensing funds to needy travelers.  Now only honest folks get help because the others won't go to the police dept...... :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isawlogs

I dont understand the concept of traveling with out gas money ... Please enlighten me on this , I just dont get it . Are guys telling me I can get to Florida with church hand outs . ?????
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Raider Bill

Quote from: isawlogs on October 08, 2009, 02:46:15 PM

I dont understand the concept of traveling with out gas money ... Please enlighten me on this , I just dont get it . Are guys telling me I can get to Florida with church hand outs . ?????

Happens here everyday. Our shelters and bridges are full of one way travelers coming to the promised land.

Bring Bradors!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

isawlogs

Make you a deal Raider ... If I make the piggy roast next summer , I'll bring some Bradors , you need come and fetch um .  ;)
Or do I need the Brador in exchange for travelling money  smiley_headscratch

Yes Dan , I will bring some Bleu too .  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

RynSmith

Is Canadian bleu different than the stuff you can get in the U.S.  ???

isawlogs

Marcel

CLL

My brother-in-laws dad and mom along with 3-5 kids would get in a 58 chevy with maypop tires and bum money from churches and other folks all the way to colorado, then call my brother-in -law and ask him to wire money so they could get home. I think having the police dispence the money would stop a lot of that. My opinion is if your low enough to steal from churches, your low enough to be put under the jail for a few years.
Too much work-not enough pay.

Raider Bill

Quote from: RynSmith on October 08, 2009, 05:46:08 PM
Is Canadian bleu different than the stuff you can get in the U.S.  ???

YES!!!!!
They don't have the achohol content restrictions we do. Not sure why but it makes it taste a lot better.

I'm sure a home brewer can explain it. Seems smoother somehow.
Quote from: CLL on October 08, 2009, 06:03:38 PM

My brother-in-laws dad and mom along with 3-5 kids would get in a 58 chevy with maypop tires and bum money from churches and other folks all the way to colorado, then call my brother-in -law and ask him to wire money so they could get home. I think having the police dispence the money would stop a lot of that. My opinion is if your low enough to steal from churches, your low enough to be put under the jail for a few years.

My ex MOL did the same thing, she would have enough$$ to get here but no $$$ to feed her gaggle of 5 kids  nor the gas $$$ to get back up north.

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

isawlogs

Quote from: Raider Bill on October 08, 2009, 06:07:34 PM
They don't have the achohol content restrictions we do. Not sure why but it makes it taste a lot better.

;D    ;)

Marcel

karl

Quote from: Texas Ranger on October 08, 2009, 12:40:51 PM
, he left the church office and ransacked several rooms in the church, but only received a few dollars. 

We have it all on tape.  We have his name and vehicle description as well as a statement from the filling station guy that he was there.  We have not caught him.

I know you folks cannot help, but sometimes it helps to purge some of the sourness caused by the human race.

I never knew churches paid folks to leave town either.....Hmmm........

"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Woodwalker

TR, I believe there is a lot to be said for a good a$$ whupping.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

pineywoods

TR you were luckier than us. I serve on our church finance committie and we see our share of folks needing help.  Need food, we'll buy you groceries, no money. Utility bill overdue, we'll pay it but no money. Whatever the need, we'll try to help, but no money. Occasionally we make exceptions, but it's rare. we had several thousand dollars worth of sound equipment go missing. I like fishpharmer's idea of channeling charitable donations through the local police.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Texas Ranger

thecfarm

There was a day when people were scared of their parents and God.Sure is not that way now for a lot of people.But they will all get what is coming to them.Maybe they all ready have with the way they choice to live.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Modat22

6 of the churchs around me got together and opened a little goodwill type store. The needy would meet with the priest or paster and would be given a voucher to take to the store. They might get gas (pumped by a church member) and or needed clothing some furniture etc.

The store is also open to the public selling the same items that are given away and the money supports the whole system.

Profits at the end of the year would ether be used for maintenance, expansion, buying non perishable foods for the needy families.

The volunteer crew generally have a high turn over rate because they see the system abused by the same people over and over.
remember man that thy are dust.

IMERC

Quote from: isawlogs on October 08, 2009, 02:46:15 PM

having to pay for a vehicle repair can seriously deplete on hand funds...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Warbird

Quote from: Texas Ranger on October 08, 2009, 12:40:51 PM

TR, remember Romans 12: 19 - 21, 1 Cor 13, and John 3:16 - 17.  Whether we like it or not, thieves are loved, too.  I know because I used to be one.  When my family was really poor, I stole to eat.  Later in life, I had some money stolen from me that I had given as charity to help someone.  It was only $20 but at the time, it was a lot to me.  When the scam was realized, I got extremely bitter until I realized that at the point it left my hands, it became God's money.  They get to deal with that.  And I will be blessed for it.  Same goes for you and your people.

I'm not saying you shouldn't take precautions.  I am saying to guard you heart.  I'll be praying for the guy that stole from you.

Texas Ranger

You are right, Ron, the part that burned me is that had he asked, as he did for the gas, he would  have been given more than he stole.  He was not stealing to stay alive, he was stealing because he could.  We are a giving people, as are most Americans, it was obvious in watching the film that he cared not for the people or the church, and had done it before.

I am old enough to understand a theft of necessity, and to discern that from a theft by desire.

Warbird

I hear you, TR.  Perhaps he is into drugs or something?  A very good friend of mine has a son that does similar things and it is drug related.  Sometimes, there just are no easy answers.  I'll be praying for you are yours, too.

ps.  If your last message was directed at me, my name is James.  ;)

DR Buck

QuoteWe have it all on tape.  We have his name and vehicle description as well as a statement from the filling station guy that he was there.

Was this a scruffy looking guy driving an old beat up motorhome?
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!