iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Its the second day of deer season and...

Started by slowzuki, October 26, 2004, 06:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Bury the board a couple of inches. It will NOT stick to the tires. Just tossing brush on it WILL allow it to stick.  ;D ;D ;D

Can you charge storage on the rig, while they try to get it fixed or towed ???  Might wanna check into that, also. You were nice, now ya gotta get mean  >:( >:( ;D ;D

I agree about the camera, waste of time and money. ;)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Furby

Heck, if it was me.......
I'd have them boards down, then set up my camcorder in a tall tree a ways away. Hide with leaves so it looks like a nest or something. Set it to run about the time I think they migh come along, then sit back and have a few laughs at the end of the day. Who knows, might even get something good enough to make a few $$$ on. ::)
How far away is the area they are going in at, from the house?
Closed circut could be done cheap, and controllable from the house.

slowzuki

Sorry, I did put brush up with the barbed, don't want anyone getting hurt, just attitude adjusted!

It is a ways from the house, it is at the back of our property, about 1/2 mile away.  I figure the nail board with rebar pinning it down would do the trick!  The bruch is so someone on foot wouldn't step on it and poke their foot.

Paschale

We've got a story of people taking advantage too.  My dad owns 59 acres in the U.P.  The one acre from the original 60 was sold years ago to a guy by my great grandfather.  The guy who owns that place now asked my dad a couple of years ago for permission for his own invalid dad to do some hunting on the edge of our land.  Basically, this guy couldn't move much anymore, but wanted to get into our woods just enough to be away from their camp.  My dad agreed, since he's a good guy.  Now, it turns out this joker has been getting more and more emboldened the past five years.  We give some really close friends permission to hunt, and this joker ran into them a couple weeks ago, baiting for deer.  He told our friends that he was bringing six of his friends to come hunt on our land, and apparently was pretty belligerent.  When we heard about this, my dad was steamed!   >:(   The gall of someone to take advantage of someone's generosity like that really torks you off!  

Well, my dad got on the horn, and sent a fax giving exclusive permission to our good friends, making it clear that if these jokers set foot on our land, it will be trespassing.  The cool thing:  one of the guys we give permission to hunt on the land is a Michigan State Trooper.   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Timber_Framer

Man! This is sooo sad!
I've been hunting since I was eleven back in '71' and we asked folks if we could hunt rabbits to deer on their land and we parked and walked a lot farther then we had to so we didn't disrupt things on their property. And if we saw some one else on their land we didn't know...we asked why they were there not the property owner, we protected their land as if it belonged to our kin!
And when hunting season was long forgotten and the crappie and walleye were coming up through the ice, these kind folks that allowed us access to their land a few months back found filleted fish on their door step with a note of thanks from us. This business that I'm reading in this thread really chaps my ...well you know. :( :'( :-[ >:(
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

craigc90

I might as well put my .02 cents in. I bought 50 acres about 5 or 6 years ago. The property has a fishing/swimming hole on the back corner. The first year I owned the place I picked up 10 trash bags of beer cans. When I would be down there fishing everyone would act like I was bothering them. When I asked them to take there trash with them and and have a good time. never ran any one off and only had 1 person ever ask my permission to fish. I would go down the day after I asked someone to take there trash. There would be the cans laying right there.I started getting more upset and I was down there with my son hikeing and these guys were drinking and fishing and MFing everthing. I said hey watch your language and they laughed. The signes went up the next day and I became the sterotypical A@#hole landowner that never let anyone hunt or fish. That is why people have nowhere left to hunt. I could write a book on confrontations I had the next 2 years after I posted the property. It got to the point I didn't enjoy that part of the property anymore. I sold the back 20 acres where I always had the problems and am much happier now. I have 30 acres no one ever bothers me up on the ridge.The new neighbor I sold the 20 acres to is the best guy around lets me use his dumptruck and dozer or anything I need and still get to go fishing down there. Sometimes less is better.

sawguy21

Kids were roaring through the public campground on their dirt bikes at all hours. Camper just happened to be dragging a fire log across the road back to his site. Bike stopped, kid in lake. Big confab with warden but nobody knew anything. Problem solved.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Fla._Deadheader

Hey Ken, How many "Good Years" did ya bag  ::) ;D ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

slowzuki

0 goodyears!   :D  Too bad but I'm sure hunting will be just as good next year!

Our neighbour caught them on an atv and blocked them with his truck.  Had some choice words with them!

A friend had ATV's blasting through his corn all fall, he talked to the guy 3 times and the guy laughed him off.  He felled some trees blocking trails but the guy went around.  I told him to take his Ford TW-25 and the res-till over and drive across his lawn... in the spring... over the septic :D
Ken

Quote Hey Ken, How many "Good Years" did ya bag  ::) ;D ;D ;D

Thank You Sponsors!