iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

logrite log arch pictures

Started by blaze83, February 20, 2008, 07:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blaze83

hi all, finally braved the cold weather to get some more logs and remembered my camara 8)

this is the size logs we're getting in this area, about 16" at the stump

here are the logs ready to go, 6 trees total in this area, basically all we're doing is getting rid of a lot of our aspen, trying to open things up for the nicer smaller trees. we've got some nice young oak and hickory

here is my dad with the arch getting ready to slip the choker under the log

here I am cranking up the log

here the log is back at the mill, this one is 10'6" long and i'm guessing 9 or 10 inches in diameter at the small end
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

beenthere

Looks like fun. Nice that you don't have the 25-30" of snow to contend with, like around here. Should have picked up a pair of snowshoes before this winter set in like this.

What are you sawing out of the aspen?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Corley5

8) 8) 8) Looks like your snow cover is just right  :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

John_Haylow

Thanks for sharing the pictures. I agree with the others that is just about the right amount of snow.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

blaze83

sawing mostly 2 X 4's  2X6's and 2X8's for framing the new shop.

here's the 2X8 we've added 40 or 50 to the stack since the picture was first posted, we had a nice day last saturday and sawed 15 logs 8) 8)

Onthesauk

Not a Logrite but did find a logging arch on Craigslist this week.  Home made but looks like he did a pretty good job.  Price was right.  Only downside was I had to drive 260 miles at about $3.65 a gallon!

John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

blaze83

Thank You Sponsors!