iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Logrite

Started by Magicman, January 07, 2014, 12:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

You may recall that wwsjr's (Willie) 24" Logrite Mill Special was used extensively during the Goodwill Sawing trip.  While sawing the 8' logs, the instant that I released the log clamp someone used the Logrite to turn the cant, I re-clamped, and was immediately sawing again.  The sawmill's log turner was seldom used to turn cants which vastly improved our sawing productivity.

We joked about Willie's Mill Special trying to hitch a ride in my truck, and then Andy White heard a rustling and clamoring in his chimney Christmas Eve and an elf delivered a Logrite Mill Special to him.  This just was not going to work.  I did not win the FF Christmas Contest, so I would have to become my own elf.

It was neither a gift nor a surprise when the FedEx man showed up at my door with a box.   :) 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

moosehunter

Mm,
That 24"er is the most used tool at my mill. Glad you got one, even if you were your own elf!
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

york

Mine,is the 30 inch and love it.....
Albert

ST Ranch

MM - Mine is also a 30 inch logrite -I am 6'-4" so the size is just right at the mill -I am sure I use it more than 75% of the time to turn cants.
By the way, you look well dressed [lots of layers] for the "cool"  temps.
Tom
LT40G28 with mods,  Komatsu D37E crawler,
873 Bobcat with CWS log grapple,

Andy White

Lynn
Those "Keebler Elves" ain't got nothing on you my friend! You used that Elf Magic and took care of business. smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

thecfarm

Another one to add to the collection.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Marty put his mark of approval on it. :)  I see four more Logrites in the back of the truck to keep it company.   logrite_cool
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

redbeard

I sure could use that size also. Been milling a lot of short logs lately and the chain turner works great on the 10' and longer logs bit not do well on short ones unless you get it centered just right. Gonna order one right now.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Dave Shepard

I have a 30" cant hook. I don't use a hook too often with the hydraulic mill, but it was really handy to have a short one running the manual mill. I always have a LogRite somewhere around each end of the mill.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Magicman

My two 48" and 60" Logrites are always at the log pile.  This little Mill Special baby can stay at the sawmill for flipping those small cants.   ;D

Dan_Shade

do you guys hang the tool on the mill, or toss it underneath?
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Bill Gaiche

MM the Santa man. Willie will have to paint his now so its as purdy as yours. It was a handy little fellow on the mill. We just stand it up at the tongue end on a little angle and it was just real handy to grab and use. You may have to install some racks on the truck just to haul all the can't hooks that you have now. bg

Brucer

My 30" Mill special rests propped against the outrigger that supports the dragback table at the end of my mill. I've had it for 8 years and it's about 40% silver coloured.

First thing I do every morning when I'm sawing is unlock the trailer and carry my mill special and my box of milling tools over to the mill.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!