iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Kindle Fire HD…a tortoise transformed into a race horse

Started by Larry, June 23, 2013, 05:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Kathy suggested I buy a tablet to cut down on some of the clutter in the house normally associated with a desk top.  I always heed Kathy's suggestions so I picked up a Kindle Fire HD couple of months ago.

It has its own proprietary Amazon.com browser that is acclaimed by Amazon for its speed and ease of use.  It's called Silk.  It is anything but fast, in fact reminds me of dialup.  Yesterday I decided to do research and either fix it or send it back.  Didn't take long.  Found an option in settings called Accelerate page loading which was enabled as a default.  When it is enabled it somehow directs ones browsing through Amazon servers from what I read.  I suppose for tracking purposes.  It will probably be on network news just any day, but you heard it first on the FF. :D :D  When turned off browsing is as a normal PC.  It also functions as fast as normal PC's when turned off...maybe even faster.

This option is found in settings and I highly recommend it be disabled.  It than becomes a quite nice machine for browsing, email, and that sort of thing. 
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Al_Smith

My daughter bless her heart got dear old dad a Kindle fire for Christmas .It was a nice gesture except old dad doesn't do well with icons .Mrs Smith can operate  but if it wasn't a gift I'd just as soon step on it .

breederman

I love mine! Ive had it 18 months and read a lot of books on it most of them free because I'm cheap. It goes to work with me every day so that I can access the Internet if I need to for a sales call. Its great.
Together we got this !