iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

triaxel load

Started by coxy, September 12, 2016, 10:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

of wood what are you guys paying on the landing/stump for it  I sent a bid in on a job that had 100 cords of wood and 115k bf of logs  I dont pay much if any for wood     and some of these guys are bidding 2-300 bucks a load on wood     the av load runs 6-700 a load  don't see how they are making any thing off of it the logs we are almost the same sometimes I'm a little higher but there killing me on the  bid with the wood  like any place else there is slim/ no pulp market and its 3-4 h away

ehp

on a couple jobs I did I paid $25 a standing cord for wood logs , it turned out ok cause I had sale for it but for me to go and just cut firewood logs I would go broke and fast

dgdrls

NYSDEC reporting Ave $10/standing Cord. 
No reporting from Delaware/Catskill region,

These guys must have a market somewhere??

D

coxy

they are selling it local to home owners that's why I dont see how they are making any money and some are paying it to be trucked so some are only working on 1-200 bucks a load before fuel and labor if it where the tops it my pay seeing you have the tree for the log but to just cut and skid fire wood trees  maybe I'm missing something

ehp

Coxy your not missing any thing that I see, there are guys around here like that and yes they are paying the bills sort of cause the way I look at it is their wearing their equipment out for nothing . Their not making any money and as soon as a motor goes down or something big breaks their not going to have the money to fix it

coxy

glad its just not me  :) most of the time I would like to put at least 300 in my pocket out of the wood money  I have some older people that I just dont  have the heart to charge them more money they are just getting by as it is the one guy is 79 and still splits a triaxle load by hand every year it will take him 6 months to pay me  every time he gets his check he drives 10 miles to my house to pay me iv tried to give him wood but he wants nothing of it

danbuendgen

It seems most hand cut/cable skidder guys around here pay anything from $0-$10 per cord for firewood stumpage. Mechanized guys pay more. I always pay $5 for it. We split most of it ourselves and sell it that way, but if I sell some log length to home owners or other firewood producers, I currently charge $800 for a 7+ cord tri-axle load with trucking included in the price.
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

millcreek40

I pay 15 per cord standing for hardwood. 5 per cord for pine or popple pulp$700 for my tri axel load of firewood.the pulp market here isn't very good right now. Must of mine goes through my processer. Firewood is definitely  a little slower this year than last
Two 240A Timberjacks, Mack log truck, Multitek 2040 wood processor.

xalexjx

normally I pay $6 a ton for hw pulp/ fw. $16.20 a cord. If its a small lot (20 acres or less), tsi work or a lump sum bid I will bid a touch less.
Logging and Processed Firewood

ehp

here it ranges from $16 to $30 a standing cord. I just pay $25 period . Land owners feel better about that price and I just process it into 40 yard bins that the trucks come and move . I never get pole wood to cut as they never mark any here so pretty much mostly ash and beech goes for firewood

AlexHart

We pay 0 and get 650/load trucking included around here.   400 on the landing.  The loads that we do sell are not all perfect poles though as we tend to salvage most everything realistically possible.   

Thank You Sponsors!