iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Free Webinar about log homes

Started by Jim_Rogers, June 13, 2013, 01:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

I got this email about a free webinar that I thought some of you that own log homes maybe interested in watching.

Perma-Chink is doing this.

You will learn about how to care for and maintain your home. The primary objective is to help you choose the right products for your home and learn the tools of the trade. Determining the specific products you need can save you time and money.

For more info and to sign up click this link here:

https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/133306854

I may watch it just to see what it's all about.

Jim Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Carpenter

Thanks Jim,

Today at Expo I got asked to re-chink a log home and do the necessary maintenance.  I told them that I never had, but I'm sure I could....  I registered for the webinar just incase.  Really it seems pretty straight forward to me.  I'm probably missing something but, I'm sort of comparing chinking to caulking only on a larger scale.

beenthere

QuoteToday at Expo

Jeff
You mentioned in a couple posts being at Expo. Where was that, and any pics? Did you have a booth there?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Carpenter

The Sandhill Ranch Expo.  Is held in Bassett NE every year and has been since I was a kid.  I don't fully understand it.  But, since this is a rather boring place to live and for the most part an agricultural area people come from all over the state and the neighboring states once a year to look at tractors and horse tack, other ag stuff, livestock, it's also a home show, there's an arts and crafts show, a lot of tool sellers and people who do decorative iron work.  There's something for everybody.  There's also always some sort of big name entertainment.  Garth Brooks, Chris Ledoux, PBR bull riding or something of that nature.

Bassett is a rather small town, it gets quite a bit larger during Expo.  I've had a booth there for the last three years.  Even though I know all of the locals I get to meet a lot of people and explain what I do.  It's fun.

I didn't take any pictures this year.  That's our display 3 years ago.  That's my wife in the picture.  Pretty simple 10'x10' booth.  One of these years I want to knock their sox off by setting up a timberframed gazebo in one of the spots outside.  As it is there are several other furniture makers, I'm the only one with a timberframed bent. 

So, there you have it in a not so short nutshell. :)

beenthere

Thanks, now I understand much better. Neat booth arrangement, and inviting to stop for a chat.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!