iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big Intentions foiled but I still want to say Merry Christmas to all of you.

Started by Jeff, December 17, 2010, 10:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Most all of you that have been here for a few years know that I always put on a Christmas Contest for the Forum this time of year. This year was not to be any different. In November I had several Forestry Forum coats made up to use for Prizes. I was brain storming on what kind of contest to have, as again most of you that know me, know that I try to get creative.

Well, life came along and beat me up a bit this last couple weeks. I spent 7 days in the hospital including some major surgery. I've only been home here a couple days, and while wandering around the house to keep myself moving as instructed by the doctors, I just came across the coats. I feel bad because Its just not in me right now to figure out what we should do. After the Holidays and when I am fully back on my feet, we'll do something.

Anyhow, with all of that said, I just wanted to let all of you in my Forestry Forum family know that I wish you the best this Christmas Season and I appreciate each and every one of you for your contributions in making my life so much more then it would have ever been with out you.

Merry Christmas. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

fishpharmer

Get yourself well.  It's the thought that counts. Have a Merry Christmas and thanks for a great place. 8) 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Ianab

Get yourself feeling right first, that's more important - you can always have a "New Year" Competition once you are feeling better.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Bandmill Bandit

Hey Jeff
With all you give to this forum i don't think any one is going to begrudge you a breather to get your feet back under you. Not sure what your surgery was and it don't matter. My wife just went through a hip replacement and is doing well but she has lots to go yet in physio because of the complications that actual caused her to need the replacement before she even turned 55. You jsut get your self well and worry about the contest later.

Merry Christmas to all and to all good days sawing as well.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Bill Gaiche

Jeff sorry to hear that you have been under the weather lately. Hope everything is healing up so you can enjoy life to the fullest.
   Merry Christmas to you and yours, bg

dutchman

Hope your recovery goes well.
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

kderby

Too bad you couldn't get the Doctor to prescribe somewhere tropical!
Do another lap in the house if that is the doctors order.  We will be here when you get back in Contest Management form!!!

kderby

doctorb

And I was just thinking about a FF coat!  Sometimes a temporary hardship makes us more thankful for what we have.  It's been a great year for me on the Forum!  I sincerely would like to express my thanks to Jeff and my FF friends.  Merry Christmas to all.  Now, how do I win that contest?  Doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

paul case

hey jeff
here in oklahoma we are glad to hear you are up and begining to go again. still praying for your full and speedy recovery. get well soon. merry christmas and best wishes to all you forumites and guests too.   pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

sawguy21

Don't worry about a contest, take care of you first and have a very Merry Christmas. Just be careful of Tammy and the honey do list now that you can't disappear so fast. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Holmes

Jeff I hope you have a quick recovery. I must admit I really enjoy your Forestry Forum, and I thank you for it. Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year. Holmes
Think like a farmer.

Mooseherder

Only Blue Skies ahead brother! 8)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!
This is a special place with a lot of great folks.
Thanks for sharing it with us and making it happen Jeff. :)

pigman

What ,no Christmas contest!   :D  I never win anyway, but  I always enjoyed playing.  :)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jasperfield

Our lows give reference to the highs, and vice versa.

Start talkin' to Him. Just talk out loud. He's there and He hears you. Just keep doing it. He made you and He'll heal you. He's the healer...The Great Physician.

You're not lookin' back, now, you're moving forward. *DanG the cannon; Full speed ahead.

Wrestle with Him, like Jacob did. Argue with Him...get to know Him. He won't back off or hang up. He knows you more than you know yourself. And He's giving you a blessing through this.

Jasperfield

customdave

Hey get well & look after yourself!!!! Merry Christmas to you & your family Jeff.

Marry Christmas to everyone!

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

WH_Conley

Bill

LeeB

I think you should auction them off. Surgery is expensive. Glad you made it through ok bud. Merry Christmas.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

David Freed

Get well soon. Hope this doesn't interfere with your holiday plans and/or travels.

mrcaptainbob

Thanks for what you do on the Forum, Jeff. Take care of you first. Without your health, you have nothing. Your family needs you more than us needing coats. And a healthy Jeff means not only his personal family is happy, but so too his FF Family. Merry CHRISTmas to a healthy Jeff and his family.

Gary_C

Merry Christmas, get well, and please don't let Steve win one of those coats. He'll just cut the sleeves off and ruin it.    ::) ::)

:D :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

breederman

Together we got this !

SwampDonkey

Merry Christmas to Jeff and the rest of the Brokaws.  Get healed up soon Jeff. 8)

Besides, I'd just spoil the contest for everyone and win it anyway. ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

graydawn

Norm

Thank You Sponsors!