iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lost a neighbor

Started by WH_Conley, July 30, 2006, 10:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH_Conley

Fellow up the road a few miles got in a circle mill Friday. Had a couple of fellows helping him but they were looking the other way and did not see what happened. Don't know if a log flipped off the carriage or he stumbled or fainted or what. Whatever happened the results were the same. Fall across a 56 inch blade is not pretty.

I went to school with him and lived close for 40 years, not the best guy in the world as far as maintiance goes, don't know if this had anything to do with it or not

Just a reminder to everyone to be safe and do not take short cuts.
Bill

Jeff

I worked around the big saws a long long time and never did get comfortable being out of my cab when the saw was turning. Probably why I have all my digets. Horrible vision to have of a circle saw death.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

urbanlumberinc

What a way to go.  We had an arborist get pulled through a chipper up in Longmont a few months ago.  I couldn't help but think how horrible that must have been not only for him but also for the guy in the bucket that couldn't get to him in time.

RESPECT

thats what it's all about when operating dangerous machinery.  Fail to respect that saw or chipper for a split second you'll be lucky to tell about it.

Jeff

With me, I should have been dead before I really got started as a sawyer. I was lucky and it put the fear of God in me for the rest of my days while near the saw.  I wrote about it several years ago here:

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=1556.0
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

rebocardo

Sorry to here about the death of your neighbor, it must have been horrible for everyone involved. Hard to even think about it. One thing I never liked about chainsaw mills was the open bar at the helper handle end.

Thank You Sponsors!