iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Survivor Night

Started by Mooseherder, February 15, 2012, 06:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

Looks like it's the girls against the guys and all on one tribe.
I like the set up.  The guys will get played. :D

Roxie

I already have a favorite.  Her name is Chelsea, and she is the one that caught both chickens.  It's such a relief not to have a former player this season. 

I felt really sorry for the girl that broke her wrist and needs surgery. 
Say when

Magicman

This one could be exciting, but I hope that the girls do not self destruct.  Maybe they can gain control of the petty stuff before it is too late.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Did anybody notice the shot of Jeff Probst standing outside of the flying helicopter in the opening sequence and when he completes his introduction the chopper falls and swoops away with him still hanging outside of it?  That had to be a stuntman or cgi you would think. Doesn't seem like they would allow a stunt like that by him.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

I figured that they had a hidden cable/rope to him, but now that you say it, it was probably a stuntman.  If that had happened to me, I would need at least one butterfly  :).

I think that the guys are being stupid.  Typical men.  If they were smart, they would be helping the girls.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ron Wenrich

You would think his hair would be blowing around under that whirling blade.  Not to mention all the noise.  He didn't even have on any hearing protection.  OSHA violation.   :D

I think maybe it was done on a computer with the film shot on two different locations. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Raider Bill

Quote from: Ron Wenrich on February 16, 2012, 05:27:18 AM
You would think his hair would be blowing around under that whirling blade.  Not to mention all the noise.  He didn't even have on any hearing protection.  OSHA violation.   :D

I think maybe it was done on a computer with the film shot on two different locations. 

My impression is it was fake for the same reasons plus he never stiffened up when it swooped away. Just looked wrong.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Chuck White

Playing with cameras is my guess.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

I still think that the guys are starting off stupid.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

The ladies are gonna have to get their act together soon after that discussion at tribal.  A lot of ill feelings so soon.  That one girl has little to no tact.
She pretty much sealed her own fate.  Don't these people study the game. :D

WDH

Not having water to drink and food to eat does that to people.  Under stress, the chameleon loses his stripes.

okmulch

I agree with mooseherder, if you know you will be on the show I would study up on past shows as much as I could to get a handle on what to say or how to act even knowing you will be deprived of water and food.

But as WDH says under stress these things happen. I believe they happen because the majority of people that are on survivor have never had to deal with lots of stress.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

WDH

Definitely.  Remember the young guy, JT, from Alabama, that won a few seasons ago?  He was a cattle farmer.  He had been rode hard and put up wet a few times, so he was prepared.  It is amazing how quick some on the show crash and burn.

I am not enamored with the cast selection anymore.  You have your token old guy and old gal.  Then you have all the buff guys with massive testosterone problems, and the young gals that are mostly naked. 

Don_Papenburg

As a token old guy I still like the mostly naked young gals.
Too bad the motorcycle mech broke her wrist ,i think she would have made it much more interesting.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Norm

Quote from: WDH on February 16, 2012, 09:55:55 PM
and the young gals that are mostly naked.

And what time would this show be on..... ;D

Cedarman

Quote from: Norm on February 17, 2012, 06:57:39 AM
Quote from: WDH on February 16, 2012, 09:55:55 PM
and the young gals that are mostly naked.

And what time would this show be on..... ;D
Wouldn't matter as I could record it. :D :D
The girl with the broken wrist is a perfect example of not following directions. 
If you go to all the trouble of stealing fire, why can't you figure out how to keep fire.
To me it looked like Jeff was strapped in pretty good.
When you win a battle, never let the other side have a do over.
Do some people take dumb pills before they start filming?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

clww

Just got finished watching Nina get voted off this week. The girls need to get their act together.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WDH

They are in trouble.  They could have, should have, won the balance challenge.  Maybe they will turn it around.

Roxie

I don't think they are going to do well as long as they are making decisions based on liking the person and not counting the skills that the individual brings to the team.  The initial 5 girl alliance was made based solely on who they liked and they are sticking to that regardless of the obvious weaknesses in the challenges. 

In this game, they will get what they deserve.  I'm still team Chelsea though! 

Say when

Cedarman

I thought the rope challenge would go to the girls as knot untying should be their forte. 
I wonder if next weeks challenges will be skewed toward a female win.

Raider Bill

Monica is the Wife of a local Celeb. Her Husband is Brad Culpepper who was a standout lineman for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers years ago. [Of course Stand out for the Buc's is a relative term.....] Now he is a personal injury Lawyer. You can't watch TV here without seeing his commercials. Rumor has it they wanted him to be on the show but he refused. The producers liked the Wife so they put her on. If you look at her eyes she shows some serious intensity esp during that challenge and at tribal council. It's too bad they picked their alliance by age and so fast as she would be one I'd want to keep around.

Colton or whatever the "light in his loafer" guy's name is sure is a lost soul.....

I had mixed thoughts on Nina being voted off, She could have/ should have stepped up in a leadership role with her experience but seemed to choose being a sloth by just laying around the camp doing nothing.

Roxie, is Chelsea is the Red Neck Girl with the camo ball cap? If so I like her. She's got a good attitude and her comment about "you can't put this many Women together without troubles" cracked me up. If the Ladies don't get their act together none of them are going to be around long.

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Roxie

Yes, she sometimes wears the ball cap.  She is from Charleston, SC and was a state champion equestrian rider.  On the first episode, she is the one that caught both chickens.   :)

Say when

Mooseherder

It was refreshing to see a bully sent packing.  They might miss his brawn in the challenges but he was really stuck on himself.  It got a little more interesting than the past couple of weeks. 

WDH

I am not enamored with this season's approach.

Cedarman

Aaron called to say he's watched the last of survivor (he quit after the reward challenge) and why he hasn't for a few seasons. I missed most of last nights show. 
I'm with you WDH.

Thank You Sponsors!