iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ouch !!!

Started by Magicman, December 18, 2012, 09:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

The splinter was imbedded and I had to take my sharp knife and open the entrance enough to finally grab the end with my Leatherman tweezers.  I could not believe it when it was half way out.  My Nephew was watching and his eyes were popping out as I kept tugging.  The pictures are a bit out of focus because all that I had handy was my phone.

Here is the splinter lying across my finger just as it had been embedded.

And placed on a ruler showing that it was a bit over ½" long.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Magicman,Magicman,what am I going to do with you. I use to do things like that when I was 20.I had a splitter at work from a pallet that went almost right through my finger. The nurse tried to get it,but I'm not the best with pain. Off to the E room. The doctor there was squeezing my finger and I kinda jumped and said that hurt and that was on the other side of the entry point. He did it again.just on that point and I jumped again. That splitter almost went through my finger. Novocaine and he started digging.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

I wasn't going to tell about this, but what the heck.  When I got out of bed at 5:30 this morning...ouch.  I dropped to my knees and started feeling to see what I had stepped on.  A straight pin sticking wrong end up in the carpet.

It had gone in over ½" and then bent over so I had to do some serious pulling to get it out.  I was on the floor in the dark and groaning so PatD was asking what was wrong.  I finally muttered "straight pin".   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

They come in threes.   :(   My wifes sews alot too. Now I'm glad we don't have rugs. I found them just laying flat on the floor.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Red Clay Hound

Magicman, you and Dodgy don't need to hang out together too much.  He tends to be a little accident prone too! ;D
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

WmFritz

Geez... your feet were probably just gettin healed up from the huntin trip... hurt_smiley
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Chuck White

Lynn; The only thing I can think of that would hurt more with that sliver would be to have it stuck that far up under a fingernail!  :o

Been there, done that! :-\  :'(
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

doctorb

I would like to point out that Magicman has a long history of "injury on display" here on the Forum.  Always good to see him survive another chapter in his "Calamity Jane" life.  Heal well, my friend.  Heal well.  I was thinking of other characters that seem to be prone to injury over and over again.  Wile E. Coyote comes to mind..... ;D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

drobertson

Splinters, splinters, not sure if these are accidents or just part of the work hazards ;D  Opti-visors, pins, and as soon as possible, get them buggers out 8)  Its like measuring a keeper bass,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Jeff

I do have some good news for Magicman. I've decided, since he tussled with the last contest we had so much, I'm going to have one someday that anyone can enter without having to kill braincells to do it like the last few. You will have to be able to post a photo for it though, and he has that under control as do a lot of others. I'm thinking a prettiest feet contest.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Jeff

I apologize Lynn. I'd like to make it up to you by holding a football for you to kick.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Axe Handle Hound

I feel your pain MM...I too have had the thrill of pulling a pin (and more than a few nails) out of the sole of my foot.  Man that hurts!!  Hope your foot heals up fast. 

Thank You Sponsors!