iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Homemade ATVl log arch

Started by oscar not the grouch, December 29, 2009, 10:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oscar not the grouch

Hello,
I just registered on this site because it has some pretty interesting stuff. I want to build (or have build) an ATV log arch to haul out the 127 trees I have cut this past November. I have some hardwood trees for firewood use and some tamarack and white spruce which I want to have milled for the construction of a camp. I read that SBishop got the building plan for the above noted plan from Bitternut. I wonder if Bitternut would be kind enough to send me the plan. I am new on this site and unsure if I can contact Bitternut directly???
HELP.....TKs

beenthere

Welcome to the forum.

Will like to see pics when ever.  We like pics.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

oscar not the grouch

Yeah, for sure, like I say I'm new at this so I'll try to download some which may be of interest.

jph

This is the arch I made from srcap. It works well.

ickirby

Here is a link to a thread I started when looking for design input for my atv/small tractor arch. 

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,40590.0.html

I got lots of good advice from all the FF readers.  Thanks again!!!

I got a bunch of quotes for the materials and welding of the frame (they ranged from $450-$900 CDN) and hopefully I'll have some pictures to show off in a couple weeks.

If you want the google sketchup file of my design send me a PM(private message).

Thank You Sponsors!