iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My first "paying" job

Started by Ga Mtn Man, June 07, 2012, 08:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

Pulled the TK 2000 out of the woods for the first time to saw up some logs from trees one of my neighbors had taken down.  Didn't get payed but I got to keep all the lumber. smiley_thumbsup

Shot from the front porch.  Ain't she purdy? ;D  Just got started but had to take a sausage biscuit break.  It was homemade...how could I refuse?

Didn't take long to draw a crowd.    I was surprised how interested the women were in the mill. ???

A wack of 2x6x12 and a few 2x4x12.  If you look closely you can see the beginnings of a saw mill shed. :)  Also got some nice red oak planks stacked outside.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Great pics Paul. When I looked at the second pic, I thought the mill was on Dozer Tracks. Now wouldn't that  be something if ya could drive your mill down in the woods on tracks like a bull dozer?  :D

Nice job Paul!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Quote from: Ga_Mtn_Man on June 07, 2012, 08:59:05 PM
Just got started but had to take a sausage biscuit break.  It was homemade...how could I refuse?
.........................................................................................
I was surprised how interested the women were in the mill. ???

The women were not interested in the mill.  They just wanted to see where their sausage biscuit went.   food6

Congrats on the sawing.  It only gets better.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 07, 2012, 09:03:33 PM
Great pics Paul. When I looked at the second pic, I thought the mill was on Dozer Tracks. Now wouldn't that  be something if ya could drive your mill down in the woods on tracks like a bull dozer?  :D

Nice job Paul!

:D :D :D
Around here that would be very useful.  Of course you still have to find a flat spot to do the milling.  Those can be hard to come by in these parts. 
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Delawhere Jack

Chics dig men with USEFUL toys, who can get the job done!  ;D

Migal

Nice pics makes me think Hook Line and Sinker  8) Thats a sharp looking mill shed too! :)
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

WDH

Paul,

You must be a handsome man  :D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on June 07, 2012, 09:30:32 PM

Paul,

You must be a handsome man  :D

It's trick photography, Danny......he really don't look that good.  :D :D :D :D :D

Just playing Paul!  :)

Oh my side.... :D :D :D......I'm rolling...... :D :D :D :D :D

Ga Mtn Man

I really can't argue with you on that one David.  Maybe it's the cool hat?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ga_Mtn_Man on June 07, 2012, 09:42:41 PM

It's the "V" shaped sweat on the back of your shirt that women dig! Shows you're a hard worker, making BIG BUCKS......brings the women every time!  :D

Ga Mtn Man

We call em SU-spenders round these parts. ;D

clww

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 07, 2012, 09:47:06 PM
Quote from: Ga_Mtn_Man on June 07, 2012, 09:42:41 PM

It's the "V" shaped sweat on the back of your shirt that women dig! Shows you're a hard worker, making BIG BUCKS......brings the women every time!  :D
Both work like a charm-That's how I got my wife! :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ga Mtn Man

Happy Birthday, David!  8) 8) 8)  You don't look a day over 65. ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ga_Mtn_Man on June 07, 2012, 09:58:42 PM

No but I sure feel it sometimes!  :D

WDH

David,

We told you to get out of Florida.  It is getting worse fast  :).

Paul, those are some nice looking logs!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on June 07, 2012, 10:24:27 PM
Quote from: Ga_Mtn_Man on June 07, 2012, 09:58:42 PM

No but I sure feel it sometimes!  :D

Sorry, I meant 56.  Darn that dyslexia. ;D

Ga Mtn Man

Quote from: WDH on June 07, 2012, 10:32:51 PM
David,

We told you to get out of Florida.  It is getting worse fast  :).

Paul, those are some nice looking logs!

Thanks, Danny.  That stack of 2x6 all came from one white pine!

Thank You Sponsors!