iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Now I've heard it all

Started by Ernie, March 15, 2010, 09:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Faron

Wonder if I bought a shotgun they'd give me the Hummer? ;)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

celliott

Quote from: Faron on March 15, 2010, 09:38:31 PM

wouldnt matter to me, I couldnt afford either!  :D
Ah college ::)
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

J_T

Quote from: Faron on March 15, 2010, 09:38:31 PM

Depends which way you pointed it when you ask about the hummer i would say  :D :D ;D ;D
Jim Holloway

SwampDonkey

I recall a bank up in Michigan doing the same thing.  ;D :D

Ok, give me all your money. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

In the 1960's my dad bought a sofa and a chair and end tables at Godwins furniture in Midland because they were giiving a free deer rifle away with purchase of every living room set. We still have the Marlin lever action 35 remington.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Shotgun

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 16, 2010, 05:20:20 AM
I recall a bank up in Michigan doing the same thing.  ;D :D

That bank is out of business now, sorry to say. At least the one in Traverse City that did that about 10 years ago is out of business.
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Faron

Jeff, now that is smart marketing!  But you just know there had to be enough mark up on the furniture to cover the rifle, and maybe even a profit on it. ;)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

rbhunter

I could not afford either of them but I like it. There are people out there who do not care for guns or gas guzzling vehicles. I bet they are really having a fit over that deal. :D
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Jeff

Guns were a lot cheaper back then.  I remember the first shotgun I bought with my own money was a mossberg 20 gauge bolt action.  The shotgun, soft case (cloth sleeve), and a box of shells was 19.00 at Ace hardware in Midland.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

I bought the same shotgun, Jeff, in a pawn shop when I was about 15, for $10.00.  There is a bank in west Texas that traditionally offers a deer rifle if a CD is high enough, generally a month or so in front of deer season.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

fishpharmer

TR, I remember ads in one or more of the major outdoor magazines (spertsafield or outdeerlife) offering a high quality gun for opening a CD.  The higher the level the better the gun.  Seems like the bank was in Colorado.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Warbird

Too bad gun dealers aren't giving away free chainsaws with the purchase of every long gun.  ;D

isawlogs

Warbird ,  maybe someone should whisper that to there ear . ya just never know  ;) 8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DirtForester

Quote from: Warbird on March 16, 2010, 11:34:32 AM
Too bad gun dealers aren't giving away free chainsaws with the purchase of every long gun.  ;D
They cost about the same.   :)

I like the idea of the gun give-a-way, if only for the reason that it makes anti-gunners go in to a high speed wobble.
If it's a good tree, grow it!
www.smithandwessonforums.com

Raider Bill

I like the idea of the gun give-a-way, if only for the reason that it makes anti-gunners go in to a high speed wobble.

That's perfect! :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

ely

careful jeff, someone will call you old.

sawguy21

Bill, that's funny. I like it.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!