iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Okay, Who's holding out?

Started by Gilman, October 05, 2005, 01:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilman

I saw this in the image archive this morning and did a search for where it's posted.  No luck.  >:(

Who's it belong to and what's it's capacity?  I just gotta know.

I'm really jealous.  :)
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Octoman

Its a Beast!  My guess is 5 ton! ???
WM LT 15 - Fortune favours the Brave!

Gilman

Oh, for all your smart hind ends, I'm talking about the forklift, not the wooden box. :D

SwampDonkey

Well if we had the boss' list of userid #'s on the forum... ;) ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Murf

Never ever give a bored man with a high-speed internet connection a challenge.   8)

LINK

Apparently it belongs to "ibbob", at least it's in his member's gallery.

A simple little reverse IT engineering my dear Dr. Watson.   :D  :D  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

SwampDonkey

As grandma used to say, 'I'll be jiggered' :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Nailhead

Say Gilman:
I think that is a Super 4 Pettibone Lift. Rated at apx. 6000#'s, but would probably lift 8000. Built between 1968 and the late 70's
I could be wrong, but I think I'm pretty close.
"The Constitution does not grant rights, it recognizes them."

Weekend_Sawyer

So waddya think, is he using that structure as a scaffolding or a movable woodshed?
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Gilman

He could probably do both at the same time.  :D

I'm still curious.  Usually we are crying for pictures, now I'm crying for words to go with a picture.  :D

Maybe we could just make up our own story?

ibbob?
If this is yours, could you tell us about it please?

Thanks in advance,

David

Gilman

Now that I think about it more, I'm going to blame this on the Boss.  He shouldn't have made it so easy for us to look through the photo album.  8)

beenthere

Looks to me like a clever way to 'load' a truss at one end of the 'building' laying flat, and then raising it with the 'catapault' arm on a windlass. Then 'roll' the truss to the planned spot or 'home' for fastening it in place. Appears to be some work moving the rollers (pipes) ahead of the homemade 'frame' hoist, but looks clever.

Possibly, thinking a bit more on it, the homemade hoist frame may be loaded with the truss on the ground, and then the truss AND frame hoist are lifted by the pictured forklift onto the building floor for moving down the floor to the right spot.

Lots of ideas, and hopefully Ibbob doesn't feel slighted that his pictures have gathered all this preliminary attention.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

You guys got it all wrong, it's part of an elevator lift. :D

Weekend_Sawyer

... before we use the 60,000 lb forklift to move the house we build this stiffner assembly and place it in the center of the structure, giving it support and keeping it from flexing on the ends...

:D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

ibbob

Just a little project I been workin on.  :D

I'm lucky to have my father in law.  He and I have got the house from the footer  to where you see it.  Sawing and nailing as we go.  He's the brains of the operation who came up with the ideas for our "equipment".

The truss hoist worked great.  Five of us set all 27  trusses in a day.  The winch was a strap ratchet with a plate for bolts and the big handle welded on.  We sandwiched a pulley up top for the cable to ride on.  Couple guys carried the truss in the rough opening for the slider then up it went and we rolled it in to place on the pipes.  Now I just gotta take the chain saw to it so I can finish sheeting the roof this week end.

We build the scaffold large enough to to hold sheeting and still have room to work from.  Sure beats a ladder and trucking materials up by hand. 

Lift is a Pettibone.  Got an IH 6 for power, 4 wheel drive and steering.  I try not to max it out.. it's a bear putting the wheels back on. :o

Bob

Roxie

Hi ibbob!!!  And now we know the REST of the story!   8)
Say when

Gilman

thanks Ibbob! 
The trojan forklift looks like it worked really god, especially if you got it all done in one day.

Next time don't post such great photos and I won't get intrigued so easily.  ;D

I guess 4wd forklifs are great until you loose a tire huh?  I didn't think of the downside.

Thank You Sponsors!