NEW MILL MODEL - Junior Peterson Mill (JP)

Started by HSV, November 04, 2012, 07:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSV

Hi everyone!

Long time no type :) but we're back, and with some darn exciting news... we're releasing a new product!

Many of you would have done extensive research before purchasing your own sawmill, and no doubt you'd come across our flagship model, the Winch Production Frame (WPF). Well, the WPF now has a little brother aptly named, the Junior Peterson Mill (or JP for short 'cause that's how we roll).

Here's a link to the web page for more information: http://petersonsawmills.com/products/junior-peterson-mill-jpm/

The JP is due for release in December. We're taking pre-orders from December 1st and the shipment of the first 10 will leave our factory around December 21st!

The final price is yet to be confirmed but I will post it here as soon as possible  :)

One of the Forestry Forum's senior members, Ianab tested the prototype out for us. So we're gradually releasing a series of short interview video clips where we asked what Ian thought about the mill. You can watch them as they're released by signing up to our Email newsletter.

Here's the first two video clips;

"How does it [the JP] compare to our production range and what you know of the Skillmill?"

"Who do you think it is ideal for, the home handyman? Or is it more than that?"

SKILLMILL REDESIGN

I'm sure this question's going to come up because many feel the Skillmill just dropped off the radar. So yep, the JP came about after we took the Skillmill off the market for a re-design. For the hobbiests who used the Skillmill for its intended purpose, it was great! And they're still going strong today. But some buyers expected commercial results from it, and it was simply too flimsy for that purpose. But the main reason was that a 4" cut was just too limiting for many sawyers. A minimum 6" cut is needed for those wanting to cut for their house or furniture projects... so that's what we've gone for with the JP.

Like the Skillmill, with the JP you can still cut at any angle but you will now have the ability to purchase track extensions and cut to any log length. You've got a more powerful motor, a larger blade, and can cut a wider diameter. The track set-up is ideal too, based on the WPF's Lo/Lo option.

Anyway, like Ian says, there's a lot more to the JP than there was with the Skillmill. So while we're still proud to have introduced the first 'hobbiests swingblade' to the market, we've just taken things to the next level and I'm so proud of what's come of it. My partner Robert who is an engineer, farmer, heavy machinery operator and a 'jack of all trades' has been working with us on the design of the JP and he's bought some great new ideas to the table. You're going to love this mill.

If you have questions, or would like to confirm your reservation for one of the first batch of 10, please leave a post here, or email me: lrobinson@petersonsawmills.com or Aaron: akalan@petersonsawmills.com and we'll help you out.

Ianab

Guess the cat's out of the bag now  :D

Been tough saying nothing about our latest milling missions, but I appreciate you wanting to keep things under wraps until you got all the details worked out.

Anyway we had a ball using the little mill, and I'm very impressed with it. A couple of minor issues that we have discussed, but those are the sort of things you want to discover on a prototype, so they can be fixed. ;)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)