iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

got my

Started by coxy, December 24, 2017, 05:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

butt chewed out today   I needed to move my skidder 7miles down the road had to be at the job before Tuesday the guy that moves it trailer is on top of a mountain that is covered in ice and I didn't want to sand 4 miles of road to get it out  so I pulled my tire chains and started down the road 3miles of it is county rd the rest it town rd my wife is behind me with the 4ways on I keep looking back to see if anyone was coming  behind us about a mile in the trip a few cars went by things went fine then this suv come up on us I got over as far as I could more than half the skidder was off the road this lady starts blowing the horn I'm waving her by she wont go keeps blowing the horn I'm not stopping  the shoulder ran out so back in the road I go she then starts to pass ::) I go about 2 miles up the road there is a person standing in the road I didn't think anything of it till I got about 30ft from them its HER she made me stop starts screaming at me calling all the good names you could think of telling me I have no right to be on a public road with it because its to big  ???  :D I could run someone over with it I gave her a good lesson about words and told her what is the difference if its on a trailer or I'm driving it you would be in more danger with it on a trailer I'm calling the cop I said good tell them ill be up bowers rd and get    out of my way  ill be there for a hour and a half  two hours putting the chains back on  well wouldn't you know they showed up  :D she told them I tried to run her over  :D my wife came on glued at that time she said to the guy I think if he would have tried he would have succeeded  :D he got a chuckle  then  we got talking and said she complains about everything  but he had to check it out     this is the same lady that joined the fire co and every day at noon she came to the fire house and couldn't figure out why no one came to the fire call  :D :D it took everyone at the fire house a month to get it through her head it was the noon whistle  ::)    so I got my Christmas eve butt chewing from a loony  went almost a year with out someone chewing me out

Puffergas

Coxy, I feel for you. Just too many stupid people in the world and you can not cure stupid. Wish I could have joined the caravan with my Steiger and trailer!!!!!
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

crazy4saws

Paul get yourself some yellow strobes for that 518. Your always getting into something huh? Good to hear your doing well and staying busy. Need to see some pictures of your cat in action or piles of all that ash you have been cutting.

Are you selling that ash for pallet logs? .20/board foot? Just curious as Im cutting out the ash in my woods. Have a Merry Christmas!

Southside

Ahh - the holidays bring out the best in people.  I had to go to town Friday to take care of a couple of things and pick my wife up at the airport - I swear every human for 300 miles was out on the road and not a single one of them had ever driven before or knew what the word civility was.  It does seem that it is getting worse every year. 

At least you know where the town nut lives. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

BargeMonkey

Wait you actually took your chains off 😂 what kind of an outlaw logger are you ? 😂 once the roads are frozen it's all fair game here. Winter time we don't have issues, summertime moving hay equipment we get 2-3 idiots a yr who think they have more rights than a farm tractor on the road.

Ed

They are out there.....a friend had the combine towing the 35' grain table, met a car on the highway overpass.
Same thing, the woman gets out screaming "you have to back up! I'm calling the police, you shouldn't be on the road!"

He camly told her, I have all day. Then got back in the cab.

She backed up.....lol.

A few others around here have learned it's not wise to tailgate a manure spreader.....

Ed

sawguy21

coxy, the part about the noon whistle is hilarious.  :D  A friend was coming down a steep road with a fully loaded logging truck, met a car pulling a travel trailer. The tourist insisted he back up! No you back down, I have the right of way. The guy replied he didn't know how to back the trailer so my buddy backed it down to the first turn out. ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

longtime lurker

All my gear carries concessional registration for insurance reasons but... once you got number plates even the hi-way is fair game.

Running a stick steer 667 GM with the exhaust blown out at the manifold to a repair place... straight up National route 1 for 10 miles... is one of the more interesting places I've ever taken a machine. Shop guy said hr could hear her coming for a good 5 minutes.

No complaints though: I think I had them all scared  :D
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

coxy

Quote from: crazy4saws on December 24, 2017, 07:48:59 PM
Paul get yourself some yellow strobes for that 518. Your always getting into something huh? Good to hear your doing well and staying busy. Need to see some pictures of your cat in action or piles of all that ash you have been cutting.

Are you selling that ash for pallet logs? .20/board foot? Just curious as Im cutting out the ash in my woods. Have a Merry Christmas!
20 cents a ft  :o  I'm getting 1050 14in an up 900 12in an up  and no heart restriction  same goes for the r oak  the r oak they are making wheel barrow handles out of them  seen some at  H D and they where 22.50 a pair

coxy

Quote from: BargeMonkey on December 24, 2017, 10:11:29 PM
Wait you actually took your chains off 😂 what kind of an outlaw logger are you ? 😂 once the roads are frozen it's all fair game here. Winter time we don't have issues, summertime moving hay equipment we get 2-3 idiots a yr who think they have more rights than a farm tractor on the road.
they just put new black top down just before fall  :D 

GRANITEstateMP

Coxy, you handled yourself well.  I am a pretty decent person most of the time... It O can't stand ignorance, or dumb people!  I don't know how many times I've been passed on the tractor on back roads. I get it, it's slow, I do it too.  The difference is, I wait for a straight stretch, with viability!  Why do people pass me on the crest of a hill or a blind corner?  I'm always in a pretty good sized tractor, I won't be hurt when they wreck!

About 6 years ago I drove the Timberjack 230 about 3 miles down the MY state rd, pretty sure all 3 town cops on duty drove past!  Pretty sure the chief was the only one that waved back.... While shaking his head!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

ehp

had problems but never had someone ever stop and try to chew me out, I just do not handle that kind of stuff very well . I have driven a 740 JD 130 miles one way on a hwy before and never had a problem , skidder was to wide and to tall to float , float guy said we had to take the tires off it . I drive on the roads a lot here cause small jobs and your next job is a mile or 2 way

goose63

coxy that num skull would have a big time fit here in the fall with all the farm machinery on the road
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

bushmechanic

Ha this makes me think back to a fire I had one time. The boss took his Timberjack 230 forwarder and went around a cop car because he wouldn't move so we could travel it out the road. Boss was so mad and didn't want to lose the machine if the fire went fast so he barreled down into the ditch and went along by the cop car the ring chains scrubbed in places on the side of the car. Cop never opened his mouth about it!

mills

Ha ha ha :D :D :D
coxy, you must have had the Spirit of Christmas in you at the time, thought Santa Claus was watching, or something. From all your post through the years makes me believe you are not always that understanding.  :D :D :D
Glad you handled it the way you did. If that had been me I would have gotten coal in my stocking last night. :D :D :D

mike_belben

Where i escaped from i was getting $100/day fines for having a registered medium duty truck in the driveway.  You couldnt even have a fabric garage. 

Where i escaped to, knuckle booms get pulled a few miles by grapple skidders. I drive loads of logs down the street with my detroit singing.  The dozer has made a few trips up the road too.

Yeah i dont miss the old place at all.
Praise The Lord

Southside

Was that an HOA fine or govt law?  I read horror stories about the whole HOA thing and there is no way I could ever  live in one of those. 
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

GAB

Coxy:
You should have given that woman a nice kiss on each cheek and the see her reaction.
That would have been the icing on the cake in my opinion.
If that is the worst that has happened to you this year you've had a very good year.
I wish you a better one next year.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

GAB

Quote from: Ed on December 24, 2017, 11:13:51 PM
They are out there.....a friend had the combine towing the 35' grain table, met a car on the highway overpass.
Same thing, the woman gets out screaming "you have to back up! I'm calling the police, you shouldn't be on the road!"

He camly told her, I have all day. Then got back in the cab.

She backed up.....lol.

A few others around here have learned it's not wise to tailgate a manure spreader.....

Ed

Ed:
Your last statement reminded me of the following;
My dad once asked a bus driver what the funniest thing he had ever seen driving a bus.
The fellow responded with -  about 3 weeks ago driving S on RT 7 just S of Middlebury, VT I was the third vehicle following a farmer doing 20 to 22 mph with a tractor and a loaded manure spreader.  The first car behind the farmer was a honking the horn big time.  All of a sudden there erupted a momentary dark cloud.  Supposedly the horn honking ceased.  The bus driver claimed that the tractor operator never looked back, got to his turn off and just kept going.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Ed_K

I did a small job for a lady in town 2yrs ago cutting ash ahead of the ash borer. She was real happy with my trucker moving a few of the logs to a friends sawmill for her husband to make firewood pallets. He didn't charge full price to move them, the mill was only couple miles away. Just heard last night that a month ago she stopped him passing her house while hauling off another job just up the rd. She read the riot act to about logging was bad and all. He smiled said have a good day and drove off. It's ok to help me out but not the neighbor up the rd  >:( . Waiting for a call to come cut some trees  :D .
Ed K

mike_belben

Quote from: Southside logger on December 25, 2017, 08:41:51 PM
Was that an HOA fine or govt law?  I read horror stories about the whole HOA thing and there is no way I could ever  live in one of those.

One of those when we feel like enforcing it city ordinances.  I was on a dead end stub with houses only on one side of the road and woods on the other. Neighbor 2 doors over parked a freightliner in the street in front of his house every day, i got ticketed for the one in my driveway.   I regret every penny i invested there.   
Praise The Lord

Corley5

I had a nasty note put in my truck last fall after I apparently parked too close to the car in front of me in the Walmart parking lot.  The person had pulled through so the hatch back was in front of me or they'd backed in ;)  I pulled in and parked like any one would.  I wasn't over the line ;D but was almost touching their trailer hitch that was in my parking spot ;) :D ;D ;) :)  The note basically was that I needed to learn how to park because they couldn't get their back door open to load their groceries because I was too close.  The kids and I had a good laugh over that one ;) ;D 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Southside

I have noticed that parking spots are smaller these days, my crew cab dually can't barely fit in one spot without hanging out the front or back, nevermind the width, so I park as far out in the back 40 as possible.  Even with that I had a guy back square into it one day, nothing for 100 ft in any direction and he has to smack into a red truck during the middle of the day.   >:(
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

sawguy21

Corley, I got a dirty look at Walmart for the same thing. :D So it never occurred to the note writer to pull his/her car ahead a foot ???
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Raider Bill

I'll send ol what's her name up there to put a little love upside that woman's nose for you. ;) ;)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!