iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A whack of goats

Started by old joe, September 18, 2010, 09:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwoods sawyer

If your leaders are over about 6' and you do not get to many goats, or keep them in with the trees for to long at a time they will help a lot with brush control.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

old joe

In my experience  in both the NE and SE goats will eat anything.  That being said, they prefer hardwood and brush over pine.  Unless your fir is shorter than the brush you should be ok.  Also don't overgraze or they'll eat everything.

Joe
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

r.man

Eat everything is not an exaggeration for those of you who have never had bored goats in an enclosure that has trees in it. Species does not really matter as long as the tree is not very large. My friend who had goats used to throw in discarded spruce or pine christmas trees. When they got done the trunk and large branches would be debarked, completely, and everything else would be gone.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Faron

Ya gotta be smarter than the goats. :o
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

old joe

Nobody is smarter than goats!!!!

Joe
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

backwoods sawyer

Well both of you are right!!!!
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Thank You Sponsors!