iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Building a sawmill shed

Started by levans, April 22, 2012, 09:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadows Miller

Gday

Thanks for sharing I like it Mate   ;) ;D 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

levans

The sheds is up, the mill is in place and the log deck is ready for some logs and the post for the lumber shed are under the shed. last Wednesday morning I had some mild pains then after loading and hauling some round bales Thursday I came in for lunch and the pain was a bit worse. Long to short I had the fourth heart attack, I had another stint put in Friday night and came home Sat. The milling will have to wait awhile but I'm doing good, just have to rest awhile.

dblair

the sheds look great , but you better take care of you , let that saw take care of itself for now .
old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

clww

Great pics of the shed.I have really enjoyed watching it progress. You take it easy so we don't have to move this to "Health and Safety"! ;D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Cypressstump

Nice shed, I am also in the need of such cover for my mill. I like the log beam, may need to 'borrow' that idae from ya'...  Take care of yourself Bud ! The mill is covered nicely now. She'll be waiting on your return.

Best of wishes on your recovery!
Stump
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

markd

Make me feel better and put some bracing on that thing would you?
markd

schmism

Only issue i see is that you pitched the roof to the front, not the back.   Unless you put a gutter on it, then all the rain winds up on the loading side and you wind up with a permant mud hole at your log deck.   

See bibby's post on his mud hole at his loading deck before he put in his new steal deck loader.
039 Stihl 010AV  NH TC33D FEL, with toys

levans

Thanks for the reply's,
Schmism, I slanted it that way so I can add a lumber shed on later, luckily the log deck area is gravel so I'm hoping mud wont be a big problem but I am planing on putting a gutter on the shed.
markd, I am going to putting some bracing in the loading area and closing the sides in with a door to pull the mill out if needed.
Cypressstump, Go for it, I wasn't planing on patenting the log design.
CLWW, Thanks, as my health improves I'll keep working on the shed and post more pictures.

Thank you all for the well wishes, I am for the most part back up and going at it, I've been cutting and raking hay this week and will start rolling after lunch today.

Woodchuck53

Evening Levans. Nice shed. That will protect you and the machine. Your boss must be more laid back than mine. She wouldn't let me out of her sight if I had ever had one must less the forth. You take care of yourself so you can enjoy these things you have worked for. Stay safe. Chuck
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

bandmiller2

Its a good feeling on a rainy night just before you drift off to sleep to know baby is dry and out of the weather.Really if you own any mill, roof should be job one.Good job mate. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

levans

woodchuck53, laid back is not a phrase I would equate with She Who Rules any more than she would think I'm going to lay around and take it easy :) .Neither one of us do sitting around very well.
bandmiller2, you've got it right about her being tucked in nice and dry and I really like being in the shade on a hot day, I have a few small things to do and a friend dropped  off a small load of logs on Friday. Not much to it just logs from one good size white pine that blew over and took a smaller one with it.

wishing all the sawdust makers a good day

Thank You Sponsors!