iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cedar porch ceiling......seal?

Started by dablack, April 03, 2013, 10:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedarman

It is sporting to use a tennis racquet on them.  More sporting to use a lath.  And even more sporting to use a BB gun.
I have never seen one get into a log with bark on, but if the bark is off they head to the underside once the wood is dry.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Banjo picker

Thanks for the link Jay....now I know the difference between a bumble bee and a carpenter bee!  I use to be a pretty good shot with a bb gun...so I guess I hang the cedar...Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Cedarman

Banjo, you be careful where you shoot that BB gun.  You could put someone's eye out.  If I heard that once as a kid, I heard it a thousand times.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Tree Feller

The male carpenter bees (with a white dot on their face) cannot sting. I had a lot of fun as a kid catching them and tying sewing string around their middle. It's like having a tiny helicopter on a string.   ;D
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Tree Feller on April 06, 2013, 02:55:28 PM
The male carpenter bees (with a white dot on their face) cannot sting. I had a lot of fun as a kid catching them and tying sewing string around their middle. It's like having a tiny helicopter on a string.   ;D

We still do it.....I'll be 57 in June.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Banjo picker

I guess we are getting a tad off topic here, but I always used what we called a June bug for that...There were thousands of them in the hay fields..I heard the bb gun talk a time or two myself....Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

dablack

Ok.  I bought some linsead oil from lowes.  Wife and i brushed it on last night.   One gallon just finished the 255 sqft.  The boards are laying out to fully dry.  I will get pics of them installed.  Im also about to start two new threads about installing them. 

Thanks
Austin
Building my own house in East TX

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Thank You Sponsors!