iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

f 250

Started by coxy, January 07, 2018, 11:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

my 350 and 550 would pull to the right. took the abs fuse out and they stop like they should. brake calipers dont seem to last long before they stick. they did come from napa. that could be part of it

Weekend_Sawyer

Quote from: Dave Shepard on January 08, 2018, 09:12:20 PM
I solved the problem at the junkyard.  ;D

Dropping off or picking up?  :D

I have always found NAPA to be the higher quality after market parts store.
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

snowstorm

Napa high quality? Maybe compared to some of the others. I asked carquest about brake calipers.  They said They get there's from the same rebuilds. I find most parts are less money or close at the Ford dealer. But I do have a fleet account

chevytaHOE5674

I've had worse luck with stuck calipers on the ones I got from the Ford dealer than the ones I've got from Napa. And at least Napa is only 5 miles down the road when I need to warranty one compared to 50 miles to the Ford dealer....

Must be a Ford thing because I've had more stuck calipers on my superduty than I had on all the other trucks I've owned combined.

Dave Shepard

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on January 10, 2018, 08:51:09 AM
Quote from: Dave Shepard on January 08, 2018, 09:12:20 PM
I solved the problem at the junkyard.  ;D

Dropping off or picking up?  :D

I have always found NAPA to be the higher quality after market parts store.
Jon

Dropping off. I put that thing out of its, and my, misery.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

coxy

Dave Shepard

At least they stock everything for Ford brakes. That's nice, considering you habe to work on  them every other weekend.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

coxy

that's not true there has been lots of things they don't stock for a ford they tell me never had anyone brake that :)    what do you drive a DODGE or CHITV  smiley_thumbsdown smiley_thumbsdown :D :D 8) 8) 8)

Dave Shepard

My local NAPA stocks all brake parts and u joints for Ford trucks. And if its sold out, they can have it the next morning. A friend of mine has 7 or 8 Super Dutys. Usually. one of them is running.  :D

coxy

you still didn't tell me what you drive  ;D

Dave Shepard

Jeep. They stock fan relays for all us WJ owners who don't want to take the entire front clip off to change the fan.  :D

GRANITEstateMP

Must be a Ford thing because I've had more stuck calipers on my superduty than I had on all the other trucks I've owned combined.

chevytaHOE5674,

I work at a Toyota dealer, we do A LOT of calipers!  We run a lot of 4 piston calipers on our Trucks and SUV's we replace a lot of stuck calipers.  We get a little better luck out of the Toyota Reman units than the aftermarket ones.  When a Toyota reman is available it's usually in the same price range as the aftermarket.  We have the best luck with calipers from Autopart International aka Foreign Autopart

Bruno,

I've got a guy over in Rye that has rebuilt 3 or 4 Chevy HD Speedo clusters for me.  He does a good job, replaces all the bulb...  Pretty sure it was around $200 each, maybe a little less???  It's been a while.  He also rebuilt a "fish stick" for my old Fisher 8ft HD plow.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

coxy

Quote from: Dave Shepard on January 10, 2018, 04:41:55 PM
Jeep. They stock fan relays for all us WJ owners who don't want to take the entire front clip off to change the fan.  :D
thats all you had to say is you drive a slowpar  I understand :-X :D :D

Southside

All this trash talk from a guy that runs around in a bikini!!   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

21incher

My F350 has gone through 12 calipers in 35k miles.  Ford quit making them, all l can find are rebuilds now. NAPPA  by me keeps them in stock. Buy online and pickup in the store saves 10%. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

coxy

Quote from: Southside logger on January 10, 2018, 06:45:23 PM
All this trash talk from a guy that runs around in a bikini!!   :D
don't be jealous  :D

coxy

21 how much do you drive the truck

gspren

With all the Super Duty stuck caliper talk I'll tell my story from last Sept. 2013 F450 diesel dually, crew cab, long bed, 4X4, just under 30,000 miles pulling my 34' 5th wheel and in Burlington Vermont a caliper stuck and heated up the disc. General consensus is that I don't drive it often enough. Truck and RV have been coast to coast through 43 states but it does sit too long between trips so I'm trying to use it more often even if I'm not hauling anything.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

21incher

Quote from: coxy on January 10, 2018, 07:11:19 PM
Not much anymore. About 300 miles last year. It sits so high my wife can't climb up in it anymore even with the running boards.  Thinking about one of the 1500 Dodges with 4 corner air that drops 2 inches extra because I can't pick her up these days. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

chevytaHOE5674

I rebuilt all of the calipers in my superduty with new pistons and square cut orings myself a while back and so far none have stuck. I used a small engine hone and cleaned up the bores nice, also flushed all the fluid at the same time. Figure if somebody else can rebuild them and make them last 2 weeks I can't really do any worse.... ha

Hilltop366

Generally speaking (not brand or model specific) use to be that the pistons would stick especially when pushed back in to put new pads because they were dry between the seal ring and the dust boot, a mechanic friend taught me to pump the piston most of the way out and slide the dust boot in and clean that part of the piston then pull the dust boot back out and spray some lube in there before pushing the piston back in.

I can't recall what kind of lube it was, I'm thinking some type of light grease that could withstand some heat.

coxy

Quote from: 21incher on January 10, 2018, 07:50:48 PM
Quote from: coxy on January 10, 2018, 07:11:19 PM
Not much anymore. About 300 miles last year. It sits so high my wife can't climb up in it anymore even with the running boards.  Thinking about one of the 1500 Dodges with 4 corner air that drops 2 inches extra because I can't pick her up these days. :)
you think ford is junk wait till you get a dodge  I can say this cause I/my mechanic  have one if I get to use it a week a month I feel special  its nothing but an electrical night mare back a few months ago I wake up to a truck running in my drive way ya the dodge started its self with the key on the dash talk about pile of     driving down the road around 30mph and bam I'm trying to back up still cant figure that out lights go out at night going 70mph down the high way ya its a fun ride if it will stay together or don't kill me by spring its going to the fire co to get cut apart cant wait   8) 8)

Dave Shepard

Every manufacturer has a few lemons out there. A friend has a '14 550 that rolls up the windows and turns the heat all the way up, and all the lights stop working. In the summer! :D

coxy

one thing I have learnt I will never own another red truck/car if it was yellow I wouldn't mind so much  ;D

Southside

Of Course there is the famous Dodge Death Wobble that is always lots of fun!! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!