iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whack o' logs and a new toy

Started by KyTreeFarmer, April 22, 2010, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyTreeFarmer

I must be in sawdust heaven. Been shopping for another tractor (my old 8N is getting tired) and finally found something I could afford.

Then this whack of logs showed up.

This spring has sure started off fine.

KTF
Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

mad murdock

nice looking Kubota!  Out here the 4wd tractors go for an arm and a leg.  hard to find one for a decent price.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

jdtuttle

Nice job & tractor. It looks alike like mine. Is it the L 3000 DT.
jim
Have a great day

stonebroke

Quite a upgrade from a 8N

Stonebroke

Raider Bill

Looks like mine too except I don't have a rop and my exhauset comes out the bottom/side.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

JBritt

Awesome set up!  I went through a viewed your profile photos.  I would like a set up similar to what you have but it did conjure up a question.  How do you insert your to your mill if they are longer than your shed.  Do you just load them from the end or do you actually pull the mill out from under the shed? Thanks for the post and the shared photos!

logwalker

It looks a lot like my L2850. What model is it? Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

KyTreeFarmer

Thanks for the comments guys!  The tractor is a '87 L2550 with only 460 hours showing. So far so good.

JBritt, My mill will only cut 11 ft. logs. Its about 14 feet between the posts on that shed.  That is ok with me, I use my lumber for woodworking projects mostly and don't really want any long stuff.

KTF
Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

bandmiller2

KTF,the handiest thing you can have to handle  logs is forks.You could get the add on bucket type but that would get them so far forward that it would reduce your lift load.Best would be to remove the bucket and have a set of adjustable forks as close as possible.Nice looking tractor you'll love it. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

Yes, your Spring is starting off very fine.....Congratulations   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

You're going to have to use that tractor some to get it broken in, it's practically new! :D Congrats on the new tractor.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

RENOV8R

-Reasonably jealous right now.-

ljmathias

Well, unless he's a lot more careful and attentive than I am (not saying much actually), it will soon have that broken in and used hard look- I've managed to bust the hood pretty good, break one fender (part is made of plastics- just what you need for a good farm tractor) and lots of bends and scratches elsewhere...  but then, it's earned its keep, as they say.

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Thank You Sponsors!