iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

loblolly.

Started by EZ, May 17, 2013, 07:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

seems like yellow pine holds up pretty well for picnic tables , I was
wondering if any of you folks no how the loblolly holds up out side.
EZ

drobertson

Works great, nice wood to work with,  dry, seal, and deliver, if used green, so beit, just seal one side in my opinion, then when time is available finish the process.  Lots more folks that are wood workers than me, I just like to jabber,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

It does pretty well as long as the wood is not in contact with the ground. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tree Feller

Quote from: WDH on May 17, 2013, 08:26:45 PM
It does pretty well as long as the wood is not in contact with the ground.

Ditto. If it can dry out, it will last pretty well. A high pigment stain or paint finish really helps.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

Sometimes, loblolly will have sap that makes a mess on one's clothes.  So, a kiln drying or heating session to 160 F or hotter is a good idea.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

EZ

ok, thanks for the replys.
Another thing, whats with all the needles in these things anyway or
is it just the Ohio loblollys.

WDH

Quote from: GeneWengert-WoodDoc on May 17, 2013, 09:03:55 PM
Sometimes, loblolly will have sap that makes a mess on one's clothes. 

Sometimes  ???.   :D :D :D :D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!