iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Valby CH230 chipper manual and hydraulic repair advice

Started by Dixie Bull, September 08, 2018, 08:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixie Bull

Anyone have a source for an older Valby CH230 manual?  I bought this chipper from a retired sawyer and have been using it for a few years without much trouble and without much maintenance.  The hydraulics need some love.  The lower hydraulic drum motor leaks at the line connection and the control valve on the top of the chipper shoot leaks in the back of the unit.  The panic reverse stop working and the rollers just gave out.  Any experienced chipper / hydraulics gurus out there that can get me started in the correct direction?

moosehunter

I have a CH240. I wonder how similar it is to the 230. 
Be glad to help if I can. Can you post a picture of it so I can see how similar they are?
mh

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

moosehunter

The US importer of Valby is Northeast Impliment in Spencer NY.
They may be able to help
mh

Dixie Bull

Thanks Moose Hunter.  It's raining hard today in Maine so I'll try to get some pics when it slows down.  I'm wondering if I should start by replacing the lines.  The line ends have elbows that look pretty specialized.  I'll call Northeast Implement but don't know where to start to trouble shoot the system.  Do they have tech support?

moosehunter

Northeast is about 15 miles from me and have always been helpful when I have talked with them. They are small enough that everyone that works there is probably " tech support"!!

Thank You Sponsors!