iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A typical day Sawing (Video)

Started by 123maxbars, March 24, 2016, 10:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

After multiple request from people on my youtube channel I made a video yesterday on operating my sawmill
Everyone does things different but this is how I run my Woodmizer LT35

Thought the members here would enjoy.

http://youtu.be/Q0v7xgzcUDo
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

tnaz

OffGrid973

Nice video...didn't listen with audio but great to watch while eating on lunch break !!!
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Magicman

Thanks for sharing your joy!!   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

redbeard

Well done! Thanks for sharing your day! Nice looking walnut for sure.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Magicman

I always point out the color change to customers.  I tell them that seeing it is a special treat....and it is.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Seavee

Wood always amazes me. Thatz what keeps me going and getting me into sawmills.
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

Chuck White

Real nice video, thanks for posting!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

Nice video, Did you run the video past Jeff before you posted it?
Jeff, Do want to see a video first?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

muggs

Outstanding video , Like Forest Gump said, sawing is like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get. Who did the music?     Muggs 8)

WDH

I see that around minute 3:00 that your were drinking coffee and sitting on your ash  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Quote from: Peter Drouin on March 24, 2016, 07:13:30 PM
Nice video, Did you run the video past Jeff before you posted it?
Jeff, Do want to see a video first?

I have not a clue what you are talking about.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV Sawmiller

Thx for sharing. Always fun and educational to watch our peers at work especially since you were using same machine I have. I do have a debarker on mine but I nearly drooled watching you on that skid steer. I am sure envious of it. Keep up the good work. Hope to see more from you in the future.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Peter Drouin

What I was asking Jeff, Do members have to show what they want to post for a video to you before putting it up.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Jeff

Well, if thye do, the first 2000 or so neglected to do so. :)  Videos are no different than photos. I don't screen photos until they are posted. The membership does. If someone was to post an inappropriate photo, then we would take appropriate action depending on the extent of the inappropriateness. The same goes with a video. I can guarantee you the admins have lives outside of the Forestry Forum, so previewing everything someone wanted to post would be beyond our pay grade.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

ladylake

Nice vid, good job.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!