iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oh SNAP

Started by Okrafarmer, February 23, 2012, 09:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

I like Lazerdan's suggestion. Why not just take a sawzall and cut an opening an install a metal door at that location. Sound like it would cost a lot less and be a lot less hastle
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Okrafarmer

Have to replace 4 2-ft panels. Don't need a door there at all, especially an 8-ft one....
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

LAZERDAN

Would it be possible to reverse dent it back out with a backhoe or skidsteer  from the inside out. Some times pushin in the right spot , maybe ramming the right spot would get it back to straight.. although it might leak at the seam.  I guess it depends if'n it's in the front yard or out back.  Good luck.    Dan   

isawlogs

For all its worth here is what I would do if it aint covered by your I n s u rance co. I would be putting the dozer up close to the wall where I could use it as a deadman, using a post and a hydraulic jack I would push the wall out and once the big dents done I would get me a helper and one on each side and finish the smaller dents with a hammer. Any holes can be filled with caulking.
Then again one can spend a pile of money and fix it with new panels too.  ;)

I have had to fix, weld , replace a few rads out of tractors because of lack of helpers to drive one of the stuck or not running machines .... ::)  Being alone to do things sucks at times, it is what it is.   :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Okrafarmer

Quote from: isawlogs on February 26, 2012, 07:34:48 PM

I have had to fix, weld , replace a few rads out of tractors because of lack of helpers to drive one of the stuck or not running machines .... ::)  Being alone to do things sucks at times, it is what it is.   :-\

Well it's kind of comforting to know I'm not the only one who has done such things.

Thanks for all the advice fellas.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

isawlogs

:D   You aint first and sure aint gona be last at it!   ;) :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Migal

I actually live in a building quite like the one in the pics American Steel Span I would cry at first then I would repair several idea's on how have been posted I liked the jack and hammer seems priced right and plus it leave a discussion item for later in life  8)
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

paul case

My uncle would have fixed it right, however that is for you and then painted it a hideous color that didn't match anything for a reminder not to do that this way again!  PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Woodchuck53

Okrafarmer. Have you fixed the dent yet? Just curious at how it turned out. Chuck
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

Buck

Okra, Your story reminds me of driving up on a neighbor several years ago. He was pull starting a Massey 130 alone. Headed down the driveway pull starting with an extra rope from the truck window to the gear shift on the tractor. Once started he would snatch the 130 out of gear. I saved him(or the 130) that time but It didnt end as well all the time. This persistent ole boy did this several times.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Woodchuck53 on April 25, 2012, 02:09:06 AM
Okrafarmer. Have you fixed the dent yet? Just curious at how it turned out. Chuck

Haven't fixed it. We flashed it so the rain wouldn't come in.

tcsmpsi

There ain't no getting out of it....some lessons are just expensive.   ;)
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Thank You Sponsors!