iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tree Farmer C5D

Started by wolfking42084, February 27, 2017, 02:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfking42084

What a great site guys.  Tons of valuable info here.  I have recently bought a 1973 Tree farmer c5d.  The motor was locked up and some parts robbed off the machine.  After working with a diesel mechanic for a couple hours, we got the motor running great (detriot 353).  My next item to tackle is the can car 20 winch.  It is missing the winch control valve assembly.  After getting a manual from Daveco and calling, the complete part is $$$.  Does anyone have a used on by chance? Or is there an aftermarket one that I can use?  Thanks for the info and thanks for the acceptance. 

wolfking42084

Does anyone know what gpm hydraulic flow on an aftermarket control valve lever that I would need?  Thanks

UN Hooker

wolfking42084

I'm most of the way through restoring a C5CD Treefarmer.  This one has a Carco 100 winch, not sure if it's the same as a 20. The control valve looks like a standard cyl. control valve with a detent in the down position. The brand of the valve is a Gressen. However, it sure is plumbed funky! I re-plumbed it the way it was org.
The skidder was not running when I got it so i could not try it, but since then I had it running with the PTO turning and by
lifting the handle, the winch spooled in. When I get a cable on it and put the handle in detent I'll know if it freespools.

The hose on the left goes to the tank.  The smaller lower hose supplies pressure from somewhere up front. The two small hoses teed together on the right go to the winch.   I don't think flow would be a issue because it looks like the only flow would be from the small pressure hose to the tank hose in "hold" position.  Another pic. of the valve.

Hope this info is some help to you.
         UN
Retired Toolmaker/Moldmaker
C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

bushmechanic

I think that a Cancar 20 is a Gearmatic 20, not sure what is on your machine, pic's would help. The gearmatic winch has a hydraulic control which is self contained ( not hooked into the machine's hydraulic's). Again pic's would help.

Thank You Sponsors!