iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2009 Forestry Forum Pig Roast

Started by Jeff, January 12, 2009, 11:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I've just restarted our countdown in the column to the left for this year's annual Forestry Forum Pig Roast. I'm hoping that gas prices stay down, and circumstances allow, so even more of our friends can attend this year. This year's date is as always, the first Saturday in August, August 1, 2009, but it will be a bit special for Tammy and I as that is also the day of our 29th wedding anniversary.

I'm hoping you will all mark your calendars and try to be here with us again this coming year.  :)

You can click here to go to Wildflower's profile to get the location of the Pig Roast
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

MrMoo

I heard the pig is tied up that day and probabaly won't be able to make it.  :)

moosehunter

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

RynSmith

Out of curiosity, why does clicking on the Pig Roast Counter Downer lead to a law firm  ???

From last year's posts I got the impression that everyone was getting along just fine  ???

Tom

My guess would be that the Sponsor just above the counter is a law firm.  Probably a tag is misplaced in the display of the counter, making it a part of the hypertext of the sponsor.  I doubt that it is intentional or means anything ominous.

Warbird

Heh heh.  "Come to the 2009 Pig Roast..  OR ELSE!"  :D

oakiemac

Got it on the calendar. Maybe I can actually make it this year.

Jeff, you and Tammy must of married REAL young to have 29 in already. ;)
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Jeff

The count down shouldn't be clickable.  I didnt find a tag in there out of place, but I put another paragraph divide in there to hopefully break any link that inadvertently carried over from above.

Oakimac, Tammy was 18 and I was 19.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Lud

That's great for the both of you!  Isn't  the 29th anniversary when a gift of WOOD is appropriate? ;)

Rosanna and I hope to come this year again!
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Raphael

Quote from: Jeff on January 12, 2009, 07:51:59 PM
The count down shouldn't be clickable.  I didnt find a tag in there out of place, but I put another paragraph divide in there to hopefully break any link that inadvertently carried over from above.

It's still showing up as clickable on this browser (IE6.0.???), but it's a government computer so who knows what it's doing.  ;)
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

pigman

I am going to start saving up for a GPS so I can find my way to the Pig Roast this year. :)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

WDH

Pigman, you are a Pig Roast addict.  You will find a way, GPS or no ;D.  I look forward to seeing you and your lovely wife in 2009. 

Did you sell the farm?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pigman

QuoteDid you sell the farm?
No. :(  So far the highest offer has been DodgyLoner's. :D

Radar67

What did Dodgy offer, ifin you don't mind my asking.  :)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

isawlogs

Dodgy probably offered to marry his daughter and hoping she gets it as a dowry.  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

pigman

This is  Dodgy Loner's offer
QuoteCan't believe I'm not there to bid on Pigman's farm .  I got's a whole $100 saved up that I would offer him                                                                                                               
Quote from: isawlogs on January 12, 2009, 11:47:24 PM

Dodgy probably offered to marry his daughter and hoping she gets it as a dowry.  ;)
Another forester is dating my youngest, maybe that is his goal. He sure is going to be disappointed when he finds out the wife and I plan to sell the farm and spend the money. :D

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: isawlogs on January 12, 2009, 11:47:24 PM

Drat!  You've exposed my scheme.  Guess I'll have to rescind my offer to marry his daughter, seeing as how the farm don't come with her.  Besides, I would probably have to give pigman a farm for permission to marry a daughter of his ;D
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

isawlogs

Jeff , dont know if it is of any importance to you , but it is still ckilcable and it is the law firm that comes up ...  ;)  Not that it is of any bother to me , just wanting to let you know .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Warbird

isawlogs: you may need to clear your cache or something.  It has never been 'clickable' in my browser...

Brian_Rhoad

Tom

Quit clicking the Pigroast counter. :D :D

beenthere

clickable here, and get the lawyer site
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Fla._Deadheader

Slightly overlapping table, maybe ???  ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D Wadda I know  ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

This is beginning to remind me of the woman that complained to the police about the man who was exposing himself in the window of the apartment across the alley.

She took the police to her bathroom and pointed at a small window above the tub.

The policeman said, "lady, how do you see anything way up there?

She said, "well, you gotta get the little stool and put it on the top of the ladder and then put your foot on that hot water handle and lean way over  to the right and you can see the son-of-a-gun."

Paul_H

I remember that on Barney Miller!  :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Thank You Sponsors!