iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

silo video a very tragic accident

Started by rick f, March 07, 2010, 08:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick f

Wow what a tragic accident this was. I feel real bad for this guys family and friends. It just shows how an accident can happen in a instant.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/8554024.stm
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

Chuck White

Tragic, to say the least!
My heart goes out to his family & friends!

Just goes to show us how quickly things can happen!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bl73

being an operator as a my primary job we have to watch videos like this all the time,it never gets any easier, my thoughts and prayers go out to this fallen operator and his family.

gunman63

was he a operator or just someone that tried to run a hoe? big difference

Warbird

That is very sad and tragic. :(  I am not a professional operator but even so, I have to wonder what in the world he was thinking?

Dan_Shade

exerienced operators are injured from time to time as well.

I used to work for a crane manufacturer, about once a year, legal would come talk to us and show us video's and media coverage of crane accidents over the past year.  Some were stupidity, others were just freak occurances.

I wouldn't a cable rigged around the top have been much more safe?
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Cedarman

Looked like a strong wind blowing at the operator.  Once you free the bottom, there is nothing keeping the wind from pushing it.  Shame. :( :(
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Thank You Sponsors!