iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS 360 Pro

Started by Sawfan, May 12, 2003, 12:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawfan

I was just woundering if any one has ever used a  Stihl MS360 Pro  or even an 036 and what they thought of it. I just bought one and it seems good to cut fire wood with. To me its nice compared to the old 045 and 038 I used to run. Just seeing if any on has any complaints or complements. Thanks

Norm

Welcome aboard Sawfan, yep I have the 036 pro which is the older version of the MS360 pro. It has been a great saw, I use it almost daily and even run a 28" bar on it to freshen up cuts before I end seal them. With a 20" bar it has a real nice balance on it and cuts great. The one thing I like about it over other saws is the tank is opaque so you can see how much fuel you have left.

Captain

I (oops) MY WIFE has an 036 PRO with a 16" bar.

Story goes like this, she can't start the 066 or 046, and the 020 doesn't have a chain brake, so I won't let her use it.  I brought "her" home a 036.  Now I use it almost exclusively to cut the smaller, firewood sized logs and for limbing.

Necessity and approval is all in the presentation ;D

Captain

J Beyer

If you are using semi-chisel/half-chisel chain, however it is worded, you'll love using full-chisel chain on the 036PRO.  Full-chisel is the way to go for fast cutting on this saw.

Personally I love the balance of the 20" bar on this saw for most firewood cutting.  Full-chisel may wear faster, but if you keep the saw out of the dirt you should not notice much of a wear difference in the cutters.
"From my cold, dead, hands you dirty Liberals"

Thank You Sponsors!