iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Murphy's other laws.

Started by Okrafarmer, August 29, 2010, 11:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

46.  When you're sawing, sawdust will get into your pickup regardless of the wind direction!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SPIKER

47;  Inevitably you will not find the one part / item you need to finish the job no matter how long you look, when you finally give up and go buy a new one the following will happen usually in order from (A through E.) each occurring with the rare chance one might be skipped.

A. when you get to the store they will have closed just 5 minutes before you get there. (see rule 32, 42.)

B. When you get there they one part you need is on back order/out of stock. (see rule 33 thru 35)

C. you get there in time buy the part drive all way back home and when you get there it is too late to finish the job so you take the NEW part to the (name the place) Shed Garage Barn ect. lay it down and right where you lay it down you find the first one you couldn't find no matter how many hours you looked for it previously.  (see rules 38, 40 & 44)

D. When you get back to the project you cant find EITHER of the two parts you KNOW you have no matter how long you look !  ::)

E. Refer back to the start (See rule 47) and start the process all over! :D

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Chuck White on September 23, 2010, 08:00:16 PM
46.  When you're sawing, sawdust will get into your pickup and your eyes and your pockets and other places that would be TMI regardless of the wind direction!

NEXT # is 48.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

ANVILMAN

@48      A pipe cut to length  isn't

IMERC

Quote from: scgargoyle on August 30, 2010, 04:28:08 PM
18) When both of your hands are covered in nasty grease/oil/gunk, you will have an itch.

or swat the 'skeeter that's chewing on yur ear...

or brush yur hair outta of eyes...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

ANVILMAN

If you have a 50-50 chance at being right you will be wrong 90% of the time

Okrafarmer

Quote from: ANVILMAN on October 12, 2010, 12:09:04 PM
.49If you have a 50-50 chance at being right you will be wrong 90% of the time
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Randy88

When you want to take an important call on your cell phone it'll only ring twice not giving you enough time to get it out of your pocket and go to voice mail and when someone calls you'd rather not talk to it'll ring 12 times before going to voice mail.    If its an other kind of call the standard amount of rings is about 4 and then voice mail.  I've had six phones now over the years and they all work the very same way and it doesn't help to tell the phone its a call I'd rather not take when it is important, it just knows so it must fall under inanimate objects can think catagory or else inanimate objects can understand mental thoughts, not sure which.   

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Randy88 on October 22, 2010, 07:42:24 AM
.50 When you want to take an important call on your cell phone it'll only ring twice not giving you enough time to get it out of your pocket and go to voice mail and when someone calls you'd rather not talk to it'll ring 12 times before going to voice mail.    If its an other kind of call the standard amount of rings is about 4 and then voice mail.  I've had six phones now over the years and they all work the very same way and it doesn't help to tell the phone its a call I'd rather not take when it is important, it just knows so it must fall under inanimate objects can think catagory or else inanimate objects can understand mental thoughts, not sure which.   

.51 When you are waiting at a traffic light and you think the sensor hasn't picked you up, or it's just going to take a long time, the only way to make the light turn green quick is to put the truck in neutral and take your foot off the clutch.

paul case

52.  when you are as far from the house as you can get on the 4 wheeler or horse back checking fence with only 9 or 10 gates to shut between you and the house or a barn, it will rain harder than ever before, drenching you to the bone and also your wallet(not that theres much in it) and your cell phone.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Mark K

53. When you drive a mile back in the woods with the skidder, cut your hitch and realize the choker chains are in the back of your truck from the night before.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

Randy88

54.Today when I replaced my blowen hydraulic hose on the backhoe and didn't take the time to do both on the same cylinder at the same time, with one hour left to go on the job I blew the other hose and no spare, and its the hardest one to change on the whole machine, but the easiest one to replace has never yet blown out its still the original one and I've done all the rest many times over, but I do have the spare for the easy one but its too short to reach and use as a repacement for any of the other ones.

55. When the owner who I was digging for needed a waterline shut off installed "knew" where the line was at and knew there was three other lines in the same area and told me not to dig where "I" thought it was at because it was a waste of time and after finding and hitting all three wrong line I dug where "I" thought we should have in the first place and found it in ten minutes and didn't hurt it at all but this way we spent 9 hours looking for some that where the wrong ones.   Afterwards the owner said and I quote "Wouldn't you know it the last place I'd thought it would be"

56.  All electronic devices not waterproof will be attracted to water deep enough to submerge the device, {cell phones}

57.   When standing in a hole filling with water the water level will always reach a debth greater by one inch than your boots are tall.   

58.   A machine sinking in the mud will always sink at a rate just greater than the time it takes to get another machine there to pull the sinkng one out, if it takes five minute to get another there it will sink in 4 minutes if it takes an hour it'll sink in 50 minutes.

59.   A burst waterline will put out 3 times more water per minute if its in a hole vs. the same size line on top of the ground.

60.  Any leaking or bust waterline thats in a hole will put out slightly more water per minute than any sump pump you have to use at the time and have running in the hole already.

61.   Buried waterlines can move on there own and not be where you buried them the last time, either deeper, shallower, or sideways by up to 10 ft. 

62. Gravity carries water downhill unless its in a hole and your standing uphill from the leaking line, its attracted to anyone wearing rubber boots.

63.   The deeper the water your standing in at the time will determine how hard it'll start to rain.

64.   It'll rain harer still if the hole your in can have water run into it vs a hole where the water can't run into say for example on top of a hill, very little will it rain, on the bottom of the hill in a valley a down pour gulley washer will run into the hole and refer to #59,#60,#62,#63

65.  The more you need help thats not there will determine how poor of cell reception you have, the worse the need the poorer the reception.

66.    The likely hood of the burst waterline being in an open area that would not require cement to be broken up to get to will never happen.

67.   The worse the leak the thicker the cement and the less likely it will be the water can run away from where your working. 

68.  The wetter you are while repairing waterlines it'll be cold and miserable as all get out and wishing it was hot and sunny and when you get to work in the woods it'll be hot as h-ll with bugs and skeeters eating you alive and wishing it would rain a little and cool off.

69.   The waterline you hit and totally destroy will be a different size than anything you have parts for and it'll be 10 minutes after all the parts places have closed for the day.   

70.   The farther you walk to get to your truck the less likely it'll be you have the parts/wrenches you need in it.

71.   The first thing you threw in the truck and is burried will be the first thing you need to get out.

72.    The wrench you left at home will be the critical tool you need to do the job at hand, when you go to retrieve it at home you'll find it was put in your truck by someone else and its in a place you'd never thought to look.

Nobody whos afraid of deep holes with water filling up in it while they are standiing in it or are a plumber should ever buy a backhoe and if they do.
73.    Even if you bought if far from home and hauled it in at night under the cover of darkness and hid it in the back of your shed so nobody knew you had it, someone in need of one and the idiot to operate it will know you have it and come lookng for you to do thier repairs.   

74.   No matter how good of a deal you got on it its still always cheaper to hire someone else to fix your waterlines.

75.    The locate people are not always accurate on where they say stuff is at and the higher priced the thing you destroy the more inaccurate the locate was.   

76.    No matter what your told otherwise, if you break it you pay for it, plain and simple.

77. Utility companies are slightly hostile when you hit their stuff, even more so than other people, even if they marked it wrong, if they did mark it wrong refer to #76

78.    If you work trees and wood its not a good idea to own and operate a backhoe, theres a lot of murphys laws working against you on any given day, more so than guys working in the timber and its higher priced as well.   

WH_Conley

# 73, I agree.

# 77, the line crosses me without an easement. ;D
Bill

LAZERDAN

5 stop and go light on the way to church in a one mile streach, hit every one every sunday , no matter what time you leave.  Not only church but anywhere important or hurried.  Where did these 4 lane hwys come from in my small town ???     

Randy88

79   The higher priced the thing you destroy the less likely it is covered by your insurance.

80.   No matter what you did destroy someone sells insurance that could have saved you money but you'll never again do the same stupid stunt to ever get use of the insurance you bought to cover it in case you do need it again, that way you spend the money on insurance too late to ever need it and the premiums over time will out weigh the benefit it'll ever give you even if you do need it, its called an insurance racket or others refer to it as distribution of wealth, yours.

81   If you do have insurance to cover what you need it for chances are there's a loophole in the policy somewhere that limits coverage, or refer to #76

82    My wife says the reason why men are attracted to expensive hobbies is women are smart enough to know its cheaper to just hire a qualified professional or have less expensive hobbies that don't require the need for insurance, 911 logged in your phone, a need for emergency medical help or er visits, or involve alcohol, friends or the phrase "that's a new one, I never thought it would do that" or "did you guys see that" or have what you did make the newspaper headlines or have those at the coffee shop talk about you, and in the conversation the term idiot or moron are involved.   

83.   No man is immune from the temptation of attempting to do something they are smart enough to know they probably should not do in the first place, where would the fun be in that, thus creating the setup of the smarter you are the dumber things your prone to do, a direct quote from my wife.

84.   No matter what physician is checking the cat scan or xray they still can tell how smart the individual is that's needing the scan in the first place, only that he has a brain, not weather its functioning at the time, she specifically asked that question as well.   

85.   Murphy's laws don't really apply to wives, they are not needed, also a direct quote from my wife, the older a woman gets the smarter she gets, added intelligence for having kids and wisdom for grandkids, the opposite is true for men that's why the older they get the more of the kid in them comes out, another quote from guess who.

86.   Now matter how smart you are chances are your gonna marry someone who's smarter than you, that one came from my kids.

87.   The older you get the less likely it will be to surprise anyone that knows you what you just did, another one from my kids.

88.   The longer your married the more the phrase, "now what did you do" will be used.   

customsawyer

89. When a customer says there is no nails in my logs make sure they understand they will still have to buy the blades that hit nails that are not in there.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Randy88

90.    Mother nature always has the upper hand and she can sense things that are never spoken verbally, I'm pretty sure she can read minds, its gotta be a woman thing, I think she's partly related to my wife.   

91.    The nicest tree in the whole timber [that you own] thats stood for a hundred years and you have saved as long as you can remember for lumber for a specific project will most likely be struck by lightning a few days before you cut it down and are prepared to saw for lumber for the awaited project, and damage the nicest logs in the whole tree.   Refer to #90

92.    Any father with several teenage daughters will need a wife and mother to translate and communicate with the daughters for the father will be clueless as to how to go about it on his own and will be more puzzled as to how in a few short years these same daughters will become for a future husband what their mother became for him, smarter, more diplomatic, not easily surpirsed by dumb stunts, knows whats going on at all times, can preditct the future and others upcoming actions and can sense danger, take care of problems daily.    And the father will be just speechless as to where this all came from for a few years before he didn't know how to even say hello or good morning without saying the wrong thing or having his wife tell him what to say and when to say it.   My wife says its because she needed a "project" of her own to be responsible for.

93.    The more men think they know about women the more clueless they really are. 

94.    Any father awaits the day when their kids no longer keep needing assistance and help with their problems and can figure things out on their own, the phone stops ringing from school because they are in trouble all the time and the father says aloud to their mother, gosh its sure nice they have grown up enough to stay out of trouble and things are running smoothly and thats when she gets to tell him, no, now they are just smarter than you is all, they figured out how to keep you from knowing is all, nothing else has changed.   If your not married with kids eveyone should be and have kids, that way you truely find out how dumb you really are, its a humbling experience.

95.   Those that can't or haven't,  they teach or tell you how to, the less they know the more they claim to.

96.    Most parenting books are written by someone with either no kids or one kid

97.    Most experts on marriage will have been divorced at least once or you never hear from the spouse, they remain quiet.

98.    Money is the root of all evil, no not really, free time is, if your in doubt just go ask any government official if what your doing is ok.

99.    You'll spend your life working for somene, even if your self emplyeed, its always the banker, landowner, mill, family, equipment dealer, boss, foreman, board of dirctors, someone will always tell you what you can and can't do, the higher up the ladder you go the more influence others have over you, its just the opposite for kids, the older they get the less influence you have over them, others take your place in importance.

100.   Money can't buy happiness but poverty isn't the answer either,

101    Most experts aren't, refer to #95.96.97, they are just trying to make a buck off you and thats all.

102.   You should never do business with or listen to anyone who doesn't offer a guarantee, refer to #101, the amount of guarantee will determine how good they are, say for example politicians or government

103.   The higher priced something is the more likely it'll be they get more of your money, theres a direct relationship between cost and not necessarily quality but more so the distrubution of your wealth.

104.    When choosing between two purchases, most likely you'll chose the worse option and should have bought the other one instead, that one you didn't buy lasted for years and had the highest rating and resale value and gave those that bought it years of dependable service, the one you bought had recalls and will be a discontinued model in a few years resulting in only a few made.

105.   If in doubt as to weather you bought the right one or not just ask your spouse after you bought it, if you ask beforehand she'll always decide on the other one so just go get that one instead of trying to prove her wrong, it'll never happen anyhow.

106.   Washing macines and clothes dryers are expensive weather you own one or not, until you do own one, then they are higher priced than you ever imagined.   

107.    Washable crayons might be washable but are not dryable in a clothes dryer, don't let your kids read the box and draw conclusions from advertising, if they do refer to #106, speaking strictly from experience.   The power of advertising will go above and beyond what those putting in advertising will ever think can and will happen, plain and simple advertising works and then some.   

108.   Its not always a good thing to teach younger and younger kids to read, refer to #106,107, if you do at least take the time to read yourself what you put in front of your kids and give the box to the father and ask him what he sees and reads, the kid in him will most likely come out and he'll think what his kids will actually do, again #106,107

109   Its a lot funnier to have your kids go through the same things as you did, with their own children than it was at the time it happened to you, and its not really immoral to help out by giving the grandkids ideas either, remember your parents did the same for you, call it a teaching lesson.  The older you get the greater sense of humor you'll have, and nobody died from a garder snake in the house either that a 6 year old boy brought home and let loose, thats just a myth, maybe thats why your wife got smarter and you didn't.   

Faron

100.   Money can't buy happiness but poverty isn't the answer either,

You're getting pretty profound, there Randy!  :D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

sawguy21

You got that right Faron. Sure beats being broke.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Okrafarmer

110. If you need to talk to somebody, they won't answer the phone, but if you dial a wrong number, they always pick up.  ;D

Okrafarmer

111. If you ask a log yard if they have any of a special kind of log, they say they had some kicking around for months that nobody wanted, so they shipped it off for pulp yesterday.

112. If they send you a picture of a tree they want you to cut down, it's always bigger in person than it was in the photo. But if you are buying a log, it always looks smaller when you get there than it did in the photo.

113. The GPS will get you more lost than the map would have. But only when it really matters.

bandmiller2

Murphy's golden rule "he who has the gold makes the rules" Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

WDH

114.  If it is a pecan or a hickory, it is nasty.  You will either hit a nail, or your blade's mind will wander.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!