iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

add picture

Started by trapper, November 01, 2018, 10:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

went to post a picture.  sent a picture from my phone to email on computor   downloaded photo to computor,  went through steps to add picture to post.  got error must be jpg or jpeg.  what do I do?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Chop Shop

Good luck!   Id rather push start a chainsaw than post pics here!   Never seen such a frustrating process.  But then again Im better with pull cords than with USB cords.

lxskllr

I'd open it in an image editing program, then export it as a .jpg. I use gimp, but the controls are like flying an airplane to someone not familiar. Great program though. For Windows, paint.net is a great program. Will do just about anything an average user would want, and fairly easy to understand...

https://www.getpaint.net/

Jeff

What phone saves an image as something other than a jpg??
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ianab

Something is going amiss when you save the email?

Either it's not saving as a .jpg image, or it's dropping the .jpg extension off the file name. Go back and redo that step, making sure you are saving just the image. It's possible to save the whole email as a file, and you don't want that, just the attached image. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Magicman

If I make a "screen shot" on my iPhone, that picture will be a png.  If I want to upload it to the FF I have to convert it to jpg which is not a problem because I have an app that will convert it.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

trapper

IANAB that is what I did .  sent it again to my email saved to my computor and it worked. thanks
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Thank You Sponsors!