iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wedding

Started by Corley5, October 18, 2002, 10:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

It'll be two weeks tomorrow since the big day.  Everything went great.  There were some moments though.  The limo was late picking myself and my groomsmen up.  We were at my Grandmother's waiting and actually saw him turn around on top of the hill and go back towards town.  Dee's mom, now my mother in-law, gave him the wrong address.  We were only fifteen minutes late.  The ring bearer lost the rings not once but twice.  The first time both were lost.  I didn't see it as I was late but from what I was told most everyone in the church was on hands and knees looking for them.  They were found and re-installed on the pillow.  Then someone noticed one was gone again.  Another search.  This time it was found on the organ where Alex had been trying his hand at playing.  We made it through the ceremony with out any problem.  Zach my son and best man at almost five months old slept through the whole thing.  I got a little teary eyed, well O.K. a lot ;D  Then into the limo and off to the hall with a planned stop at the White Wolf Inn in Vanderbilt for a much needed drink/drinks for me ;D  We pull into the parking lot in the limo and piled out.  There happened to be a bunch of bikers there.  As we walked in in all of our finery they cheered and clapped and bought us all a round 8) 8)  Four Bloody Marys later I was feeling much relaxed and we were about ready to head to the reception.  The bikers were also leaving.  They invited Dee and I to come out and have our picture taken on the Harley of our choice.  Our pick was a purple custom job, slightly chopped, with swept back styling, and lots of chrome.  They gave us each a pair of sunglasses to wear for the pics and put a leather jacket on Dee.  That was way, way  8) 8) 8).  One more Bloody Mary and we headed out.  The reception was GREAT.  Everyone had a wonderful time.  Things went off here pretty much without a hitch except the DJ was 20 minutes late.  He gave us an extra hour and half for free so that more than made things right.  The food was excellent.  Garth Stafford does a mean roast pig.  The DJ played til 1:30 AM and everyone was cleared out by 2:30 AM.  We went through 3 half barrels of Budweiser, 1 gallon of vodka, 1 gallon of rum, and many fifths that Dee and I had collected over the past few years and were saving just for the occasion.  The wedding party also consumed five fifths of Kahlua.  I myself quit drinking at dinner.  I tried washing roast pork down with a screwdriver and it just wasn't working.  It was Sprite for the rest of the night for me.  Everyone thought I was still drinking as I had it in a red plastic cup ;D ;D ;D.  Tuxes SUCK!!!  I stuck it out with mine through the wedding party dances but was just about to go nuts.  The !#$*ed shirt wouldn't stay tucked in.  Before the dollar dance I snuck out and slipped into a pair of jeans and boots that I had brought along.  I left the rest of the Tux on just got rid of the pants and shoes.  That made everything much better.  The next morning we all met at the hall again for the cleanup.  What a mess!!!!  Before I opened the door I told my mom not to be too horrified at what she was about to see.  They had left with Zach at 10PM just as things were really winding up.  The smell of stale beer and wedding cake slammed into us as we opened the doors.  We were about three hours with a dozen people cleaning things up and got our deposit back a couple days ago  8) 8) 8).  And now we're married.  WHEW!!!!
Since then I've been busting my butt getting the winter's wood cut.  I've just about got it all cut now and just need to get it picked up and stacked in the shed.  Then the long winter's nap ;D ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

KiwiCharlie

G'day Greg,

Now thats what I call a hoolie!!  :o  Sounds like a great time was had by all.
All the best to you.
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

Fla._Deadheader

Hi Greg. Congrats to you and yer new bride. Hope you have a long and happy one.  Harold
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Weekend_Sawyer

Congratulations Greg! Post that Harley picture!!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Kevin

Congratulations Greg, sounds like everyone had a blast!

Thank You Sponsors!