iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

solubor- southern california?

Started by freckles, August 06, 2013, 04:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freckles

Hi!  I am new to the site, I stumbled here while researching about timbor---> solubor. 

same stuff for 1/2 the cost.  I'm sold but can't seem to find it locally (los angeles) :(

I have looked up farm suppliers, ag chemical, fertilizer chemical and can't find anything. I called up the borax company and their distributors (2) on the western states have never carried but may be able to special order.

Any ideas?  I may just have to order timbor- 2x the cost but free shipping.   

I want to treat crawlspace with solubor and glycol mix. 

Thanks in advance :)

freckles

decided to purchase the borax and boric acid instead of trying to find a solubor source.  i put an order today.

i want to make the "bora-care" mix-  what kind of antifreeze?  the one readily available is propylene glycol?  are all antifreeze/coolants the same?  some are really cheap. 

PineNut

I use a Bora-care equivalent as described in the attached link. When using the glycol the timber stays damp longer and it appears that the chemicals infuse into the wood better. The Tim-bor equivalent does not have the glycol and the timber will dry out quickly and there are crystals on the surface which don't do you any good. I flow the dilute solution over the lumber and dilute at about 1:4. Also with glycol, I do not have any problem with crystals forming in the solutions.

http://alsnetbiz.com/homeimprovement/homemade.html

Thank You Sponsors!