iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

PS-7300 on Craigslist

Started by Trax, October 14, 2009, 01:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trax

Does this sound like a good deal?

PS-7300Dolmar pro chainsaw - $450 (Delmar NY)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-10-13, 9:39AM EDT

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Displacement 73 cm³ (4.5 cu. in), Power rating 4.2 kW (5.7 bhp), Net weight 6.2 kg (13.6 lbs). Great pro saw. I have owned husky and Stihl, and this saw is better than either. Comes with tool kit, 20" and 32" bars, 3 chains, 1 gallon of pre mix & gas can, 2 bottles of oil, 1 gallon of bar oil . Practically brand new (I used 2 tanks of gas). This set up would cost you over $800 to buy new. $450 Firm, cash only. 878-0129. Follow link for more info. http://www.dolmarpowerproducts.com/productcatalog/product/5075/index.html

MakitaCS

You should go to a home depot and buy one of their rentals and then buy an OEM 7900 top end for about the same price as this 7300. You'll end up with a more powerful saw in the long run.

Rick
CHEVYTOWN13

isawlogs

I think you have a good deal there , if the saw is in the condition stated , and you are in the market for a saw that size , I would go for it . I dont own a Dolmar , but I have read good things of them. I do know that a 70cc + saw is way more then 450$   ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: MakitaCS on October 14, 2009, 05:47:18 PM
You should go to a home depot and buy one of their rentals and then buy an OEM 7900 top end for about the same price as this 7300. You'll end up with a more powerful saw in the long run.

Rick

X2, but a makita 6401, and upgrade the top end. Be equivalent to a 7900, for about the same price.

ladylake

x 3   A home Depot 6401 for a little over $200 and a new 7900 jug for about $200 makes a nice saw with a new P@C  . If you could get that 7300 for $350 I'd go that route.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Trax

I bought it. The saw is like brand new as stated. I think I did ok, the 32" GB Titanium bar and chain are as close to new as it gets. That alone must be worth at least $100 new? I have tried the HD route can't seem to find one (bad timing). I've been told the price and when the next one will go for sale, I go back it's gone. All the ones I've heard of have been high $200's or low $300's. I have even given my # to the rental clerks but have never got a call. I have one friend that did Ok with a HD saw and another that got a
sh/box. I'll probably pick up a 7900 top end for when this one gets tired, If I wait till I need it with my luck it will be double the price or not available !

Thank You Sponsors!