iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cedar Logs

Started by EZ, June 14, 2003, 06:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

Some people crack me up! Neighbor guy called, said he had a couple cedar logs and wondered if he could bring them over for me to saw. this is his cedar logs when I came home from work.
EZ

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Neil_B

Did he sweep the road on the way over?? ???
Timberwolf / TimberPro sawmill, Woodmizer edger, both with Kubota diesels. '92 Massey Ferguson 50H backhoe, '92 Ford F450 with 14' dump/ flatbed and of course an '88 GMC 3500 pickup.

Fla._Deadheader

Now, that's funny.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

inspectorwoody

:D Wish I could get away with dropping a few of those off to the boys at Wielands  ;D

Kevin

That would make a nice bonfire!

Fla._Deadheader

Ya oughta take hedge clippers and just square 'em up.  ;D ;D :o
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Kevin_H.

Did you measure the Dia. before you cut them up, cause I think they  would have measured up rather large ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

chet

Spose he wanted da branches cut into 1x6's.   ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

ARKANSAWYER

Man I feel bad now.  I fuss my boys out about 2 inch nubbs. ::)
  I guess you can call that sawing the whole tree. ;D
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

ohsoloco

I think some of those boards might break apart when you go to pull 'em off the mill  :D

EZ

When I was driving down the dirt road I live on, there was gravel clear up on the banks. I thought what the hell happen to the road. At first I thought a twrister hit the road, then I thought, na, could'nt have been. When I pull in the driveway the same thing, gravel all over the place. Now I was really getting PO, when I got to the house, there they were, with my wife standing beside them, with her hand on her hip. I thought my sawing days were over, until I got out and said, hi honey, how was your day. But any way I sawed them up, and the guy came and pick them up and never offered to fix the driveway.
The biggest log was 12 inch dia.
Never a dull moment around here.  ;D
EZ

Neil_B

Did you help him load the limbs into the back of his truck too, EZ :D
Timberwolf / TimberPro sawmill, Woodmizer edger, both with Kubota diesels. '92 Massey Ferguson 50H backhoe, '92 Ford F450 with 14' dump/ flatbed and of course an '88 GMC 3500 pickup.

MrMoo

EZ,
Thanks for the pics and the story about the gravel. I really got good laugh out of this  :D :D

The logs do look pretty rare though. AC aren't they? Anterled Cedar  ;D ;D Not too many of those around. Antlers get caught on too many things.

Mike

wiam

On the up side the brush should have kept the gravel out of the log. :D :D :D

Will

Kevin

It's the downside that gets dragged in the gravel.
The upside is usually free of dirt.  ;D

wiam

OK Kevin,  you got me on that one
Will

burlman

when you get a customer like that, may you suggest that the best possible wood he could expect from those trees would be a 20 x 16. After you look at his puzzeled face tell him to grab his chain saw and cut that tree up into 20 pieces, 16 inches long and burn them. It seems that they figure out quickly that maybe their trees are not really worth your time and their money...burlman...

Thank You Sponsors!