iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

JD 440 skidder

Started by Timbercruiser, April 30, 2012, 12:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redprospector

A steady issue is an understatement. I'm replacing them with hoses as fast as they break. I just keep wondering how the heck many steel lines could they fit into one little 440.
There are a couple of lines in there that split when I wasn't working very close to town, so I brazed them up. I guess they'll have to break twice to get replaced.  ;)

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Bobus2003

Quote from: lumberjack48 on November 21, 2012, 02:32:51 PM

The guys i knew that had 440's replaced the steel with reg hyd hose, other wise its a steady issue.

Replaced all my hoses in mine a few years back when I stripped it down to a Bare frame and painted it.. Think I shed a few hundred pounds with all the sticks, needles and packed grease i pulled out..lol

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Bobus2003 on November 21, 2012, 10:57:19 PM
Think I shed a few hundred pounds with all the sticks, needles and packed grease i pulled out..lol

I wish it were that simple for me!  :D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Ironwood

For those interested, we are going to part out this skidder, see for sale section.....

Thanks Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!