iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Munkfors bands

Started by tacks Y, May 11, 2018, 09:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tacks Y

Any one here running these? That is what came with my used Logmaster so I am thinking that is what  Logmaster sold. They where 10 degree but I have been sharpening to 7 and they work well. Time to buy some new bands thinking Kasco or another brand.   At 19' 1" they are not small. Thanks

LeeB

They were a popular blade with some of the guys a while back but haven't heard much about them lately. I tried a few and didn't find them to be any better than the WM blades I had been using. I switched back to WM after that and never tried them again. I bought a box of Kasco 7° blades a few months back but have not yet used up my WM blades I have left, so can't give any insight into the Kascos as of now.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Brad_S.

They were the best out of the box cutting blade that I ever used. The finish from the factory on a milled board was phenomenal. After the factory edge and set wore off, they weren't any different than any other blade. I get maximum blade life with Simmons blades so I went back to Simons after the monkeys broke.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

slider

I don,t saw every day but i have been sawing for years using double hard blades from wm which have served me well. For the last 2 years i have been using kasco blades from cutting edge a kasco dealer and forum member. I still buy all my parts from woodmizer because they have treated me well for years.

I chose to go with cutting edge because he sells a good product and has helped me many times .He is also a one man show supporting his family from his small business .
al glenn

Pabene

We have used Munkfors blades sins 2005. IMO its among the best blades on the market.
We have a card bounded to each blade to keep track what is going on, from the first cut to its "end of live". That way I have recorded 28 resharp procedures  and  cut about 100 logs for one blade. All setting and resharpenings is made by or self.

tacks Y

Thanks guys. I think Logmaster must have sold them with their mills. I need to buy more bands and thinking of a direction to go.

gmmills

If you are considering Kasco blades I second what Slider said. Contact member Cutting Edge he can get you the blade profile you need. I have been buying my Kasco blades from him for a number of years now. You will be treated right.
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

Skip

I have been using them since 05 Good Swedish steel .Stay sharp longer than the others I,ve tried.

MrMoo

I use Munkforsagers on my Logmaster. I like them. I also like them because the tooth profile pretty closely matches the cam on my sharpener.

EZ

Been running them since i started milling. Tried other brands and always went back to the monkeys. EZ

JB Griffin

Log Master sold Daikin Flathers blades.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Thank You Sponsors!