iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats Fuel Prices In Your Area?

Started by GF, July 08, 2005, 08:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

Fine until he gets caught. :) I gassed up the Ranger yesterday, up 10 cents to $1.06.9/l. Canadian dollar took a jump so I guess that's a good thing.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Chuck White

Here anyway, home heating oil and off-road diesel are the same.

It just has to be billed and taxed for it's use.

If you ordered a bunch of off-road diesel and someone got suspicious and came to investigate and found that your off-road diesel fuel was in the tank in your cellar and connected to your furnace, there would be a big issue and more than likely a hefty fine involved.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

luvmexfood

Had saw this in awhile. Noticed at two different convience stores today that diesel was around 18 cents cheaper than gas. Don't know how long it has been that way. Worked some for a company from mid-Feburary till last week and haven't been home. Hope to be back to logging soon. Just have to catch up on a few things.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

rjwoelk

The trucking company I work for kept close tabs on fuel. They rank the states in order of price. Today in Canada saskatchewan was the cheapest province. But the US is cheaper  PQ IN Canada is the most expensive.  They are the most vocal about no pipeline for oil going to the east coast for the refineries.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Kbeitz

I just took these pictures last week...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Bricklayer51

As of yesterday 2.79 in hubbard lake.

sawguy21

$1.22.9/L here, $109.9/L for diesel. According to the media the problems are lost production in Ft McMurray, a refinery in Edmonton down and high U.S. demand. We are currently running into shortages here in BC, I need to buy gas wherever I can.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

$1.07/litre here and cheaper in other towns within 50 minutes.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sandhills

Just filled mine and my wife's rig this morning (gas) 2.179, I still can't figure out that 9 thing, why don't they just call it 2.18?

maple flats

Here in central NY, (NY, the spend and tax state) gas was 2.329 yesterday and diesel was 2.399. I also agree about the 9/10 cent, it fools no one. If it wasn't just a gimmick you'd see 3/10, 4/10 etc too. I only recall once seeing a fraction other than 9/10, and it was in a grand opening years ago for a new gas station. The price used the frequency for the radio station that was there doing a live show, The price ended in 3/10. Needless to say, that was a long time ago, because the price was 1.0_3. If memory serves me that was about half the going price for gas at the time, and that was long before the recent fall and then the current rise.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Chuck White

Regular 87 Oct. is $2.459 here in Russell, $2.429 in Watertown (50mi South).

The 91 Oct. is $2.999, here.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

1.04/litre regular. Same mileage as higher test according to recent tests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPPkPAbzwbU

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Buckshot00

Chuck White

87 Octane is $2.399 here in Russell.

coxy

gas 2.49 diesel 2.59 :o :o I keep forgetting that I live in ultimate trout/ town USA

SwampDonkey

$1.00/litre in town and that is after taxes jumped 2 % x 3 in their formula for regulated price

Czech_Made

Magicman

I filled up yesterday @ $1.799.  This will help with out Pig Roast travels.   move_it
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

On a recent trip I noticed the Diesel fuel price in Pennsylvania was way higher than any other State at 3.78.
Diesel was 3.27 in Maine, 3.44 in Maryland, 2.88 in South Carolina (yup,2.88!) and 3.19 in Florida on the Turnpike.
Looks like Penn. Economy is booming, warehouses going up for miles and miles.  Lots and lots of Trucks!
What is going on?  Seems counterintuitive

lxskllr

I don't follow fuel prices closely since I'm not a pro, and don't have to, but I assume PA has higher taxes. They're always ~30ยข/g more than MD. I do get alcohol free gas from PA, but I can't compare it to anything since they don't sell it here, and the little I use it, I don't have to be concerned with cost.

Mooseherder

If I had a large fleet of Trucks I would look to base them in South Carolina if it was feasible.  The fuel cost savings every year could pay for a lot of other business expenses.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: ljohnsaw on April 17, 2016, 11:32:09 AM
Quote from: ljohnsaw on March 15, 2016, 05:15:02 PM
Quote from: ljohnsaw on March 10, 2016, 09:17:39 PM
Quote from: ljohnsaw on February 27, 2016, 07:02:59 PM
As of yesterday (didn't go out today), regular was down to $1.83.  On the radio, they said to fill 'em up!  Switching to summer blend today and expect a 30 cent jump in price!  :-[  Great, costs more and I get about a 20% drop in MPG.  Makes a whole lot of sense to burn more gas to improve the air quality... ::)

Well we are back up to $2.09 and holding for the last few days (26 cent jump in a few days)

Up to $2.21 now - up 38 cents since they announced the 30 cent jump. :-\

Holding at $2.41
Ahh, the good old days! ;)
Cheapest regular is $3.19 and diesel is $3.95/gallon.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Iwawoodwork

Well gas was $2.95.9 yesterday here in Cottage Grove , Oregon and I did not have to get out of the rig and get hands dirty. the attendant put gas in rig and loaded the 5 gallon can in the bed. Diesel has been running from $ 2.99 to $3.15 a gallon lately.

SwampDonkey

Cheap oil mean higher gas price. The refinery business is booming for sure.  :D $1.26/litre here. Seems it should be $0.78/litre if you use Katrina oil price spike logic. :D :D

Irving said 1/3 of their oil is shipped in by rail from western Canada and elsewhere. But not giving up that cheap Saudi oil.

Irving Oil?s president says it would keep Saudi imports even if Energy East goes ahead | Financial Post

Chuck White

Here prices are steep compared to a lot of others:  $3.099/87octane  $3.599/91octane!

Thank You Sponsors!