iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jeopardy

Started by Raider Bill, April 24, 2019, 12:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Still Climbing …………………..

I believe the only way James is going to be stopped beaten, is for someone with some pretty good smarts to hit all of the daily doubles and James not to get any of the three available!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

That guy is still there.. :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Warbird

What is he up to now?  I've not been able to follow it this week.

Raider Bill

He's going to hit $2.4mil tonight
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

tree-farmer

I like his new nick name, "Jepordy James"   8)
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Chuck White

Well, James finally got beat, he went down like a champ!

A lady challenger took over the winner position, with a win of $46,801.

What a show!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ljohnsaw

SPOILER ALERT :-X - too late.  It doesn't come on here for another 2 hours and 20 minutes... :(
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

fat olde elf

My wife called it at the halfway mark.  We have watched it from the get go with Art Fleming. Fleming died from pancreatic cancer, the same problem that Alex has. I read about a breakthrough discovery process the sounds promising. I hope so.  

Bonnie and have often joked that we could win if we could compete as one person. We have very diverse areas of knowledge and education. Just a wild dream but fun ! !  One of her best areas is movies.  I have learned the names of many stars, not just well known stars, but a lot of character actors like Harry Carey Jr.  Looking forward to the 16th Pig Roast and a chance to bore all of you with my latest medical adventures.  So far so good.......Fat Olde Elf...  
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Chuck White

Oops, sorry John, but I hope you still watched it!

petefrom bearswamp

The gal was sharp and IMO James was off his game.
Now he can get back to his passion of sports betting and not worry about an ocassional loss.
Kind of wish he had set the record.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Cedarman

Between the 3 of them they missed only one question.  He hit the first daily double too soon.  She was smart enough to go for double or nothing on her first daily double and made big money.
The stars were not aligned for James.
Will definitely watch the next tournament of champions.
Funny how he was one day from breaking Ken Jennings all time winnings.
Would it be fun to see those two go head to head?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Chuck White on June 04, 2019, 06:35:54 AM
Oops, sorry John, but I hope you still watched it!
I did but didn't say anything to my son.  When he didn't find the two Daily Doubles and she doubled up on the first, he said "uh oh!"
John Sawicky

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Ron Wenrich

James was on 2 other game shows before Jeopardy.  The first one was the on called the Chase.  It was the American version of a British show.  It pitted a team of contestants against a trivia expert.  They get to a final round against the expert.  The team is asked questions in an allotted time.  They then bring in the expert to answer the same questions.  If the team beats the expert, they win.  Most times, those teams lose.  The team beat the expert 26-9, with James answering 19 of the questions.  

James also has a BS in mathematics.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Holzhauer
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Cedarman

Emma would have been one and done if her competitor had known something about clover.

WDH

I got that one ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Did you see the snide look she gave alex in the first round when she went all in on the double jeopardy and he asked if she was taking clues from how James played?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ljohnsaw

Yeah, that was pretty funny.  Also, what a difference in last night's game.  There were quite a few questions where you could hear the crickets...
John Sawicky

Cedarman

I saw what Jeff saw.  Whoa, what an attitude.  I am rooting for her to lose.
Tournament of champions, John, Ken, Bartender.

Raider Bill

Yep, that's a manly girl with a attitude
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ed_K

Yes real dry ::) Rita votes for her to lose.
Ed K

petefrom bearswamp

She knows her onions.
Snide looks aside.
So what if she looks sideways at Alex.
I was pulling for James but he met his match doubles and all.
"Nothing lasts for ever but the earth and sky"
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Chuck White

She definitely has an air about herself!

Definitely would test positive for attitude!

But.......... she's smart!

Jeff

I missed it tonight, but i hope she won. She beat James,  so she earned her stint how ever long or short it may be.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ron Wenrich

She lost.  She didn't know the final Jeopardy question.  The other two did.  

Saw a blurb about how much James should get out of his $2.46 million.  Between the Fed and California, its estimated he'll get $1.38 million.  Although he's a resident of NV, the show was filmed in California, and their tax rate at that level is 12%.  But, since the earnings was over $1 million, they tack on another 1%.  
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Chuck White

It was a real good show, they were all three really close scores going into Final Jeopardy.

I was glad to see another winner!

Thank You Sponsors!