iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Copperhead

Started by okie, November 01, 2008, 02:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okie

Last night I walked into the kitchen and by the back door there was a little copperhead about 8 inches long and big round as my little finger trying his level best to get out the door.
This is a first for me, I have seen black snakes come in the house when I was a kid but never a copperhead, I always associated them with the woods and  garden.
Now my wife (who is more afraid of snakes than anyone else on the planet) is insisting that we move up north somewheres there arent any snakes. I insisted that this was a freak deal and probably would not happen again. Her response.... "PROBABLY, PROBABLY, YOUR KIDDING ME". We had a cold front move through last week that brought us some highs in the 40's and 50's, last couple days it warmed up into the 70's, could that have been the reason for the strange behavior of the now deceased copperhead?
I werent sure where else to put this, feel free to move it as y'all see fit.
Striving to create a self sustaining homestead and lifestyle for my family and myself.

DanG

Well, since we ain't got an "Indoor" topic, I guess "Outdoors" fits pretty well.  He didn't actually get indoors anyway, did he?

Remind me to tell ya about the White Oak snakeskin my Wife found in the kitchen cabinet not long ago. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

okie

Dan, Oh yeah he got in but was tryin to get back out. I was bare footed and in my shorts so I killed the thing with a board I had in the closet. Never know when a board will come in handy  ::).  Ok, I am reminding you, tell me all bout your wifes snakeskin. If she's anything like my wife I am sure it made for an interestin conversation.
Striving to create a self sustaining homestead and lifestyle for my family and myself.

Jeff

I just happen to have a house for sale up north. :D  I'll drop the price by 20,000 for a forum member with a wife that hates snakes.  :)

www.forestryforum.com/ourhome
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

That house comes with history, snow, and an annual pig roast.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Goldfish too if ya want. :)

okie

:D  Now Jeff, Last week the lows got in the 20's and I whined like crazy. Me and cold dont get along real good....how long you think I'd last up there?

Jeff

Oh, jeez, next ta forever if Ya got plenty of sawdust ta throw on ya once ya freeze solid. :D

okie

cheyenne

I walked into my garage 3 years ago and laying on the floor was a 3ft copperhead. Mr snake meet Mr shovel and there not supposed to be in this area so I sent him home......Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

isawlogs

Okie, sure seams funny that you would take what would account to maybe a whole paragraphe in explanations , and all that the wimine remembers of it is " PROBABLY "  ::) :D :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

okie

Quote from: isawlogs on November 01, 2008, 08:37:31 PM
Okie, sure seams funny that you would take what would account to maybe a whole paragraphe in explanations , and all that the wimine remembers of it is " PROBABLY "  ::) :D :D :D
:D Thats a fact.

thecfarm

okie,how long do you think you will last with all those copperheads there????  I know what you are going through.My wife is that way with mice.We live out in the country and we have animals,grain,so we have mice.My wife would just about die if she saw a mouse.My cat catches chipmunks weekly.Everyone he catches is a mouse or a rat to her.Moles same way.Any dead carcass on the front steps is a mouse.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

okie

Quote from: thecfarm on November 02, 2008, 06:33:41 AM
okie,how long do you think you will last with all those copperheads there????  I know what you are going through.My wife is that way with mice.We live out in the country and we have animals,grain,so we have mice.My wife would just about die if she saw a mouse.My cat catches chipmunks weekly.Everyone he catches is a mouse or a rat to her.Moles same way.Any dead carcass on the front steps is a mouse.

I've been living round here most my life, except a couple years in Colorado. Never paid snakes no mind till I met my wife. I aint ever seen anyone so scared of somethin in my life. Women are a funny sort, my wife loves mice...hates snakes. Used to get mad at me for traping mice till they started chewing through wires and such. We dont have a mouse problem till cold weather comes around and then they pile in the attic, guess the barn is a little colder or something.

Thank You Sponsors!