iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

anybody know about the cat 508 skidder winch

Started by Kiwihusky, June 27, 2010, 01:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwihusky

hey anybody know if its a cat winch or is it a gearomatic and if they are reliable

aksawyer

I have only been around two differant cat 508 and they both had the Lufkin winch in them.They both seemed to work fine.Do you own a 508 and how do you like it??Aksawyer

Kiwihusky

nah am tryin to find a small skidder with heaps of grunt and have found two 508s fairly priced in good condition i know cat engines are really good but their winches are supposedly a nightmare

aksawyer

Being that you are in New Zealand you must realy be limited on what is available.If you want a small machine with lots of winching stenght the Clark 666 A,B or C model are small with a very stout winch,the D models are a bigger machine.The Tree Farmer C4,C5 are small machines with alot of pull also.When we bought our last skidder we wanted the same thing you are looking for.We found a nice 440A,i like it because it only wieghts 12000lbs..It can be moved on a role back tow truck.Iam not sure of the wieght of the Tree Farmer, but the Clark weights about 18000lbs.,witch means (in Akaska any way)you have to hire a lowboy,we dont have an equipment trailor yet.That is next.Aksawyer

Thank You Sponsors!