iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Brush cutter

Started by dancan, May 23, 2006, 07:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

SwampDonkey, If you use that thing all day long, I admire the heck out of you!
My brother-in-law lent me the same exact machine with the harness, helmet w/shield.
It only took an hour to kick my butt.  :'(
I gotta work on my technique I guess.

SwampDonkey

Depending on the growth and terrain: You can space 1/2 acre to 1 acre per day in natural growth and 3/4 acre to 2.5 acres a day in plantation. If your just clearing you can work faster. 8 Hr days.

You are right though about technique. You can get real frustrated quick if you have a short fuse. ;D Work with the terrain, thin from the bottom of the hill work toward the top and stuff will fall behind you. Sometimes you have to direct a cut stem by hand to get it to the ground. Sometimes all it takes is a second cut for it to drop. Get a hole opened up and drop stuff into it. Just like a chain saw you can directional fell. Make sure the teeth are set and sharp. The Sthil blades that come pre-sharpened and set are not as good as the ones you have to set and sharpen yourself. Just have to work on it. ;)

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

oakiemac

Submarinesailor is absolutely right. If you don't own and old Gravely then all you have is a toy. I'm not kidding. The things are built better and stronger then any tank. They have no belts or puny tubing that needs welding. I have my granpa's old gravely with a bunch of attatchments and that baby cuts some serious grass, weeds, saplings, brush,-anything that gets in its way. It will last forever the way it is built.
Anyone that has every used an old Gravely will tell you the same thing.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Tony

I guess you could call this gas powered ::)

http://www.fecon.com/bullhog/

I saw this thing in action at Mid South Forestry Equipment Show
this weekend, and I must say very impressive :o :o :o

Tony
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

D._Frederick

Try a Shindaiwa blade that has chain saw teeth for the cutters, works quite well on things to about an 1 1/2 inch diameter.

submarinesailor

Hey,

Tony, did you notice that some of FECON's require ½ thick LEXAN between you and it?  Whoa baby, that's a lot of plastic! :o :o :o

Bruce

Thank You Sponsors!