iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

apple pie with a twist

Started by gshd1, February 09, 2016, 11:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gshd1

My wife brought home a bag of apples the other day. I had picked up some myself also. So we had so many i decided to make apple pies. i used the apples that she purchased. I think they were gala apples. No writhing on the bag. Just washington state printed. Super sweet and crispy so i went easy on the sugar. Then a little nutmeg and some cinnamon. I put a good shake of what i though was cinnamon on. When i realized it was ground cumin.  i went with it anyway. Popped two pies in the oven and asked the wife to take them out when done. I had to take off for for for a few hours. When i got home she was asleep. I noticed that she had sampled the good one without the cumin thankfully . . . I tried a piece, Tasted great. I don't know about the other one with the secret ingredient. But maybe I'm on to something. . . .  ha . I was going to post a picture of my masterpiece pie but i just started to look around on this ff and just not familia on how to upload.

beenthere

Pic loading taught on the Home page, near the bottom you will find the instructions in a thread.
Ask if any steps that don't work for you.

Basics:
Need to name your album in your gallery.
Have pics in .jpg format
Once in your gallery/album, then copy and paste them in your post.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sandsawmill14

:) :) :) i guess thats better than the red pepper it makes HOT cinnamon rolls and deviled eggs ;D  ::) they should outlaw clear spice containers then we would have to read the labels :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

sawguy21

That's why she does the cooking, it sounds like something I would do. Karen just agreed. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

samandothers

Welcome GSHD! 

So how was the pie with the not so secret ingredient?

gshd1

samandothers, Yea was a good one . . .  I don't bake a pie very often. but i would normally use Macoun or macintosh. Baldwins are a good pie apple. The trees at the farm are gone by now.

Thank You Sponsors!