iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Guess where the problem was

Started by PawNature, July 03, 2006, 10:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PawNature

I thought this might be an interesting way for some of us more unlearned floks to get some hands on troubleshooting skill.
My little ranger saw that I use around the mill to cut whatever, was slowly loosing power. Finally it got to where it wouldn't cut anything except hot butter and had a hard problem with that.
After much checking and adjusting I finally got it running right again.

Guess where I found the Problem?
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

scottr

My guess would be that the spark arrestor screen was carboned .   Scott

beenthere

What is "a little ranger saw"  ??? ??? eh?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

PawNature

PawNature

Snag

I went over to a friends house to help him move some stuff and sitting in his garbage can by the road was a barely used echo (sp?) weed trimmer.  I asked him what the deal was tossing it out.  Said he tried for weeks to get it to run and finally gave up, bought a new one and that one was going to the dump as soon as the garbage truck came by (later that day).  He told me to take it if I wanted, but said it was a waste of my time.  I took it, I like to waste my time.  Guess what, cleaned the spark arrestor with a torch and it has run perfectly since....   8)

rebocardo

I have fixed a lot of thrown away mowers just by changing the spark plug or ... turning the gas petcock to the open position  :D

Woodcarver

My son, who likes to tinker, has a half dozen lawn mowers and a stihl chainsaw  given to him by people who said they wouldn't run.  A simple tune-up fixed most of them.  A couple only needed a little wrench and screwdriver work.  :)
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

rebocardo

> who likes to tinker, has a half dozen lawn mowers

Even if he is poor (said in abstract)  he will never be hungry learning how to fix stuff  :)

Woodcarver

Ross was interested in anything mechanical from the time he was old enough to walk.
When he was about three years old he disappeared while we were visiting a circus musuem.  We found him under one of the circus wagons examing the running gear.

When he was ten he watched me tune-up our lawn mower and then said, "I could do that".  I took him at his word. For the next ten years until he married and left home he did most of our maintenance work on everything from tractors to chain saws.   
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

rebocardo

tomboysawyer

Quote from: rebocardo on July 22, 2006, 01:09:52 AM
I have fixed a lot of thrown away mowers just by changing the spark plug or ... turning the gas petcock to the open position  :D

We have troubles here with mudworms. Had one plug the exhaust of the line trimmer and, of all things, the propane line in our sail boat that had only been left disconnected for 24 hours. You just don't expect plugged lines some times.

PawNature

We have troubles here with mudworms. Had one plug the exhaust of the line trimmer and, of all things, the propane line in our sail boat that had only been left disconnected for 24 hours. You just don't expect plugged lines some times.

[Had the same thing happen to me on a string trimmer. I used it one week, Went to start it next week and nothing. Dirt dobber had pluged it up

Thank You Sponsors!